Costume considerations to be safe at school:
Costumes must not:
– Impair vision or breathing, there are no costume masks to be brought to school as students will be wearing masks for COVID-19 protocol;
– Present a trip hazard to the wearer or the bystander;
– Represent disfiguring injury or, to put it bluntly, “blood and guts”;
– Promote themes or activities inappropriate for a Catholic elementary school;
– Be revealing or suggestive;
– Include weapons or replica weapons;
– Require staff to apply or remove costume pieces and/or make-up
– Allow the student easy, independent access to the washroom. This is especially important for students from FDK to grade 2.
– Allow the student to wear sufficiently warm clothing over or under the costume as weather/temperature dictates for outdoor recess.