The Catholic School Council is the official advisory body to the school’s principal and is comprised of elected and appointed representatives of the school community in accordance with Ministry Regulations (Ont. Reg. 612/00). Lumen Christi CES values the opinion of our Catholic School Council with respect to learning opportunities for children and for improved operations within our schools. A Catholic School Council member’s duties include:
- Developing, recommending and promoting activities which will enhance the quality of school programs
- Improve the levels of student achievement
- Enhance the accountability of the education system to parents
In order to be apart of the School Council, School Council Nomination Forms must be completed and returned to the school by the date specified. Elections are held each September. All meeting dates, times and locations will be posted on the Lumen Christi website as will the Minutes from previous council meetings. All parents are welcome to attend.
Parents are invited to consider a candidacy for the position of Parent Representative. The following timelines will be followed regarding Catholic School Council:
- Tuesday, September 3rd, 2019: Catholic School Nomination packages are available.
- Friday, September 13th, 2019: Catholic School Nomination Packages are due.
- Monday, October 7th, 2019: First Catholic School Council Meeting. Catholic School Council member names will be published on our school website.
2019-2020 School Council Members
Ms. E. Agostino – St. Benedict Parish Rep
Mrs. M. Bazinet – Catholic School Chair
Mr. B. Dary
Ms. K. Duarte – Non-Teaching Staff Rep
Mrs. I. Duarte-Wong – Secretary
Mrs. J. Fraga
Mr. J. Jurus – Principal
Ms. L. McNeil – Teaching Rep
Mrs. A. Nwosu
Ms. S. Pereira
Mrs. S. Ricci
Mrs. A. Robinson – Vice Principal
Ms. J. L. Watts
Meeting Dates 2019-2020
Election Package 2019
Click on link to access form:
Catholic School Council Nomination Packages are available online here: CSC Nomination Package 2019
Hard copies of Catholic School Council Nomination Packages are also available in the main office. Please note that Nomination Forms are due by September 13, 2019.
About Our School Council