Reminders & Information:
- iDARE: Our iDARE Student and Staff Reps have come up with a June Calendar with ideas and activities to support inclusion, diversity, anti-racism, and equity. These are suggested activities for classes. Families are encouraged to follow along with the activities and themes as well.
- End of Year Outdoor Celebrations: As you may have heard in the Premier’s announcement earlier this week or read about in Director Daly’s email to parents, the government will will allow school boards to invite graduating students in elementary schools (by class) to return to school in June for a short, outdoor celebration, where physical distancing is possible. We are awaiting clarification and direction before we proceed with making any plans for end of year outdoor celebrations. Once we have more information we will be sure to send it to our families.
- Grade 8 Graduation: As previously communicated by Director Daly our schools have been preparing for virtual graduation ceremonies for the last several weeks/months and extensive planning and work has already been undertaken to create memorable celebrations to honour our graduating students in Grade 8 and Grade 12. These virtual graduation celebrations will continue, as planned. At Lumen Christi, we will continue with our plans for Grade 8 Graduation on June 23rd. There will be curbside diploma pick up for graduates and a photo opportunity. A virtual Graduation Ceremony will be sent out on June 23rd. Additional details will be emailed out directly to grade 8 families.
- Lumen Christi Yearbook: We will be doing a simplified yearbook this year due to the COVID-19 restrictions. We are asking families to contribute so that we can ensure all students are represented in the yearbook. We are working with Herff Jones to create the yearbook and parents are asked to go to their website (http://www.hjeshare.com) or download the free mobile app (HJ eShare) to upload photos. Families are asked to submit one portrait photo of your child, the school uniform is not required. Use a solid, light coloured background when taking the photo. The deadline to submit is JUNE 15TH. Follow the attached instructions and please note the school code is: LUMENCHRISTI. Yearbooks will be ready for distribution in the fall.
- Summer Opportunity: The MCRC is offering a free summer program, Girls At Bat. Details are attached.
- Sacred Heart of Jesus Day Liturgy: On Friday, June 11th we will have a school-wide virtual liturgy at 9am. Father Jim will be joining us for our liturgy. All families are welcome to join us for the liturgy and a link will be emailed out closer to June 11th.