THANK YOU to our staff, students and families for your ongoing efforts during remote learning. We know it can be hard to stay motivated and we appreciate everyone’s extra efforts!
Reminders & Information:
- Yearbook: LAST AND FINAL CALL for photo contributions to our yearbook. We have extended the deadline to Monday, June 21st. Families (both in-person and virtual) are asked to submit a portrait image of your child and upload to the Herff Jones website (http://www.hjeshare.com) or free app (HJ eShare) to create the yearbook and parents are asked to go to their website or download the free mobile app to upload photos. Families are asked to submit one portrait photo of your child, the school uniform is not required. Follow the attached instructions and please note the school code is: LUMENCHRISTI. Yearbooks will be ready for distribution in the fall.
- Curbside Pick-Up/Drop-Off: As previously communicated curbside pick-up of student belongings and drop-off of school materials is happening on June 28th and June 29th. A schedule will follow and each class will be provided an hour of time on either June 28th or June 29th to facilitate this process. For families who are unable to come on June 28/June 29 we are offering an alternate date of Thursday, June 24th with two options: 8am-9am; 10am-11am. Families who would prefer to come for curbside pick-up/drop-off on June 24th must complete this form no later than Sunday at 11pm: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=fas3Jb0likmmQnwTV3nm0k_wDpFSBd1OooAwjLXu-KVUQ1oyUVI2NDhBOFJaWFVKWlVQVlFHQlIzWS4u
- National Indigenous Peoples Day: June 21st is National Indigenous Peoples Day. We are encouraging our school community to wear orange on Monday, June 21st to honour and recognize National Indigenous Peoples Day. As part of our learning our grade 1-6 classes will attend the Milton Public Library presentation with David Bouchard from 12-1pm. Please note: if you have a child in grade 1-6 you can expect an adjusted lunch hour to accommodate this session. Lumen Christi has booked David Bouchard to speak with our grade 7-8 classes on Tuesday, June 22nd from 10am-11am. Parents are welcome to sit with their child and attend this virtual session. More information about David Bouchard can be found here: http://davidbouchard.com/
- Term 2 Report Cards: Term 2 Report Cards will be sent electronically via a direct email to parents on June 23rd. In light of the previous OECTA job sanction, for most elementary students, the report card will include grade marks, but no comments. Please note: If your child’s teacher is a Long Term Occasional Teacher (i.e. not a permanent teacher with the Board), your child’s report card will include both grade marks and comments. If your child is in Kindergarten, one comment (sentence) will be included in each frame of the report. If your child is evaluated on an alternative report card (which does not include a grade mark), the report will include one comment (sentence) for each section of the report.
- HCCF Golf Tournament: Calling all golfers! Don’t miss out on the HCCF Golf Tournament! Early Bird fees until June 20th. The HCCF supports families in need within the HCDSB. For more information please open this link: https://www.hccf.ca/charity-golf-classic/
Juneteenth celebrates the emancipation of African Americans from slavery. It is a 155-year-old day of celebration that many non-Black people in the U.S. and around the world only started to hear of recently. But this year , Juneteenth has been brought to the forefront, due in large part to the recent killings of Black Americans and the ensuing anti-racism protests.
Note: Emancipation Day in Canada marks the end of Slavery across the British Empire on August 1st 1834Resources: https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/juneteenth-holiday-texas-1.5616451 https://www.thereisadayforthat.com/holidays/canada/emancipation-day
National Indigenous Peoples Day is a day recognizing and celebrating the cultures and contributions of the First Nations, Inuit and Métis Indigenous peoples of Canada.