THANK YOU to the families who participated in our iDARE Virtual Walk/Run. We raised $120 which will be used for school resources and materials.
THANK YOU to our staff, students and parents for your hard work and support of remote learning. We know that remote learning can be challenging and we appreciate the support of our parents to keep our students engaged and participating.
Reminders & Information:
- Monday, May 24th: A reminder that Monday, May 24th is Victoria Day holiday and there is no school.
- Friday, June 4th: A reminder that Friday, June 4th is a PA Day and there is no school on that day. The day is dedicated to professional learning and report card writing.
- From the iDARE Parent Committee: We are looking for input and/or volunteers to help us organize Hispanic month activities taking place in September 2021. If you are interested in helping with the planning please email Mrs. Amy Robinson (email@example.com) and your name will be passed onto the iDARE Parent Committee.
- iDARE Student Reps: Our iDARE Student Reps will be meeting on May 26th to discuss how to raise awareness of iDARE and to brainstorm ideas for next school year. A reminder that each grade 4-8 class has a student representative.
- New to Kindergarten Orientation: An email was sent out to all families who are new to kindergarten for the 2021-2022 school year with a link to the Orientation PowerPoint. If you did not receive that email please let Mrs. Amy Robinson (firstname.lastname@example.org) know and she will follow up.
- Moving? If you are moving please contact our school secretary, Mrs. MacDonald (email@example.com). We are trying to ensure our registrations are accurate as we begin planning for the next school year.
- Fifth Round of Voluntary, Targeted COVID-19 Testing: A reminder that for the past few months, HCDSB has offered voluntary COVID-19 testing at school sites for asymptomatic staff and students. More information can be found here: https://elem.hcdsb.org/lumenchristi/2021/05/fifth-round-of-voluntary-targeted-covid-19-testing/https://elem.hcdsb.org/lumenchristi/2021/05/fifth-round-of-voluntary-targeted-covid-19-testing/
- Special Education Assistive Technology Presentation: HCDSB is excited to host an information evening about the benefits of Special Education Assistive Technology in our schools. The information evening will be held virtually on Wednesday, May 26, 2021 from 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. on the Board’s YouTube Channel. Additional information can be found here: https://elem.hcdsb.org/lumenchristi/2021/05/join-us-for-a-special-education-assistive-technology-showcase-evening/
- School Climate Survey: Parents are reminded there’s still time to complete the School Climate Survey which is collected as part of the Ministry of Education’s Safe Schools initiative. The survey is open to grade 4-12 students, parents and staff. More information can be found here: https://elem.hcdsb.org/lumenchristi/2021/05/school-climate-survey-2/https://elem.hcdsb.org/lumenchristi/2021/05/school-climate-survey-2/
- Dress Loud Day: On Friday, May 28th Lumen Christi will dress loud in our loudest, wackiest outfits to create awareness about the impact of hearing loss. We encourage families to participate in Dress Loud Day and share your outfits through social media using #HCDSBdressloud
- Upcoming Lumen Christi Spirit Days:
- June 3rd: Pajama Day
- June 11th: Jersey Day
- June 18th: Dress Like Your Favourite Staff Member Day
- June 24th: Tropical Day