Reminders & Information:
Prayer for Mother’s Day
Heavenly Father, on this Mother’s Day, we thank You for our mothers through whom Your gift of life begins and through whom we are nurtured into great human beings. Heavenly Father, on this Mother’s Day, we thank You for our mothers through whom Your gift of life begins and through whom we are nurtured into great human beings. We acknowledge that it’s hard, conscientious work and effort and we ask You, Lord, to bless them for all their contributions toward family life and it’s growth. Grant that they may be joyous in their ordeal of being a mother and proud in raising the family You gave gifted. – Amen (https://christianstt.com/mothers-day-prayer/)
- Happy Mother’s Day: We wish all mothers, grandmothers, aunts, and women who play an important role in the lives of our students a very Happy Mother’s Day.
- Staffing Update: It is with a heavy heart we announce Mrs. Robinson will be moving on to Queen of Heaven for the 2021-2022 school year as Vice Principal. Mrs. Robinson has worked tirelessly here for the past three years forging relationships with staff, students and parents alike. Her work ethic, care and compassion is second to none and she has accomplished amazing things here at Lumen Christi. She is an exemplary model of servant leadership in both her words and actions and her dedication to the school community and families in our care has been extraordinary. We ask you keep Mrs. Robinson in your thoughts and prayers; and please join us in offering our gratitude and best wishes as she moves on to a new chapter in her professional career.
Thank you Mrs. Robinson for your contributions to Lumen Christi. You will be missed immensely. God bless you and may God continue to shine His light on you as you continue to do your great work for the Queen of Heaven Community.
J. Jurus and The Staff of Lumen Christi
- New to Kindergarten Orientation: On Tuesday, May 11th we will share our Kindergarten Orientation PowerPoint. This PowerPoint is for families new to kindergarten.
- Moving? If you are moving please contact Mrs. MacDonald (firstname.lastname@example.org) so we can ensure our records are accurate and up-to-date as we begin planning classes for the next school year.
- From Saint Benedict Parish: Saint Benedict Parish now has a YouTube channel (St. Benedict Milton) and the weekend Mass will be live-streamed on Saturdays at 5:00 pm and uploaded afterward for all to use as part of your weekend home celebrations on Sundays. The link will be available on the parish website (stbenedictparish.ca) on Saturday evening. If you want to be part of the actual livestream, join in on Saturdays at 5:00 pm on the parish YouTube channel.
Children’s Liturgy Links:
|May 2, 2021.||https://bit.ly/3xfM6yB|
|May 9, 2021.||https://bit.ly/3auytSf|
|May 16, 2021.||https://bit.ly/3vi2q05|
|May 23, 2021.||https://bit.ly/3dIqm6C|
|May 30, 2021.||https://bit.ly/32EIuIr|
- iDARE Walk-Run: On the Weekend of May 14th families are invited to join us in our Virtual 5km Walk/Run. Information is below in the flyer. Please note to make donations visit our school website, scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Make a Donation”. This will take you to School Cash Online. Once there, under Gift Information click on Lumen Christi. In the Message section indicate “Donation for Virtual Walk/Run”.
Presented by Halton Families for Families, Caroline Families First, and Heather Driedger
This is part one of two workshops. We invite you to attend one or both.
Part one will focus on sleep, our sleep patterns, how sleep impacts healthy stress management, daytime performance, managing sleep, and strategies on better sleep so you can dream a little dream.
Thursday, May 13, 2021
6:45 – 8:30 p.m.
USE THIS LINK TO REGISTER: https://bookwhen.com/rock-hfff/e/ev-s73a-20210513184500
Presented by Halton Families for Families and Kristen Owens
In part two, join us with Kristen Owens as she shares how we can get back to the basics and build a foundation using food to support your immune system.
Wednesday, May 19, 2021
12:30 – 1:30 p.m.
USE THIS LINK TO REGISTER: https://bookwhen.com/rock-hfff/e/ev-sxkj-20210519123000