Reminders & Information:
- Advent Liturgy: On Monday, November 30th we will have our first virtual Advent Liturgy through the Microsoft Teams platform. Families are invited to join us. An invitation was sent out on email. Thank you to our FIAT team for organizing our liturgy.
- Advent Food Drive: Starting on Monday we will be collecting non-perishable food items as part of our Advent Initiative. Families wishing to donate can send non-perishable food items in a bag that students will put into bins which are located at each entry door. All items will be donated to Halton Food4Kids. We have ensured COVID-19 safety protocols will be followed. Thank you in advance for your generosity.
- Virtual Advent 5km Run: On Saturday, December 5th Lumen Christi families and staff are invited to participate in our Virtual 5km Angel Walk/Run. Families are encouraged to get in the Christmas spirit and dress up in your finest festive attire and walk and/or run in your own neighborhood with your own family to ensure appropriate physical distancing. We are suggesting a goal of 5km but families can choose a distance that works for them. Donations are being accepted to support our Angel Tree annual initiative which provides our LC families in need with various gifts and essential items for the holiday season. This year all funds raised will be used to purchase gift cards for our families in need. If you can’t join us on December 5th you can still make a donation. If others would like to make a donation in your family name they can do so through School Cash Online. All donations and sponsored donations can be made through School Cash Online. All participating families will receive an electronic Certificate of Participation. Donations for our Virtual 5k Angel Walk/Run will be accepted up to December 6th. Share the Festive Fun on Social Media using #LCANGELRUN
Donating is easy! Simply login to your School Cash Online Account:
- At the top right-hand corner, click “Make a Donation”
- Under “Fund Destination” please ensure you select Lumen Christi
- A tax receipt will be emailed directly to you
- Locker Access: Effective Monday, November 30th Grade 1-8 students will have access to individual lockers to store winter outer wear only. Coats, backpacks and lunch bags will continue to come into the classroom and be stored at the student desk/chair. Our Re-Entry Committee comprised of staff and parent representation met earlier this week and worked out our locker usage protocols. Considerations were given to Public Health guidelines around wearing masks, physical distancing, and staggered access to lockers.
- Winter Wear: All students are encouraged to dress appropriately for the winter weather conditions. Students should have winter coats, snow pants, boots, hats and mitts. For younger students, extra mitts and socks are a good idea as these items tend to get wet during the day.
- International Day of People with Disabilities
Here at Lumen Christi we strive to promote equity and inclusion in keeping with our Catholic values and fostering a welcoming school environment for all. Many people live with some form of disability, whether seen or unseen, or know someone who lives with a disability. The United Nations has proclaimed December 3rd as the International Day of People with Disabilities, and beginning this year, HCDSDB will recognize and celebrate board-wide an annual weeklong initiative to build awareness and education.
We will have a spirit day on December 3rd to honour International Day of People with Disabilities. Students are encouraged to “express themselves” by dressing in a favourite colour or clothing item that shows a favourite interest of theirs. We look forward to seeing a rainbow of clothing on December 3rd as we celebrate our differences.
- Early Dismissal: On Friday, December 18th there will be early dismissal from school. All students will be dismissed at 1:20pm.
- Christmas Break: Please note Christmas Break is December 21st through January 4th. School resumes on Monday, January 4th, 2021.
- Primary Christmas Concert: In lieu of our traditional Christmas Concert, our Kindergarten and Primary students along with our staff are planning a special virtual event. More information will be forthcoming. Parents of children in Kindergarten through Grade 3 there will be an email with additional details.