THANK YOU to our community – staff, parents and students – for your cooperation and support in following our new protocols and routines. We are in this together and the patience and support is much appreciated.
Reminders & Information:
- Family Information and Consent Packages: A reminder to please complete the Family Information and Consent packages (blue form) one per family and the Physical Education Consent one per child. All forms can be sent back to school to your child’s teacher.
- Catholic School Council Nominations: A reminder that Catholic School Council Nomination Forms are due September 25th. Please email your nomination form to either Mr. Jurus and/or Mrs. Robinson. Additional information and Nomination Packages can be found here: https://elem.hcdsb.org/lumenchristi/about-our-school-council/
- COVID-19 Reminders: Families are reminded that all staff and students should be doing the Daily Self-Assessment for possible symptoms before coming to school each day. If your child has any symptoms please stay home and follow the medical advice of your family doctor or Halton Regional Public Health. If a child comes to school with any symptom we have to follow the protocols and a parent will have to come and pick up the child. Please continue to be mindful of physical distancing and wearing a mask at drop-off and pick-up times of the day. We thank you in advance for your cooperation in keeping everyone safe.
Daily Self-Assessment can be found here: https://learnathome.hcdsb.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/18/2020/09/Daily-Screening-Checklist_HCDSB_Halton.pdf
COVID-19 Ontario School Screening Tool can be found here: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/school-screening/
- Grade 1-3 End of Day Dismissal: Parents are reminded to please bring your colour-coded card for pick up at the end of the day. Staff are looking for those cards to help make the dismissal a smooth one. Also parents are reminded to please wait for your child’s class to get in their assigned line before you try to get the child’s and/or teacher’s attention.
- Message from St. Benedict’s Parish: Effective the weekend of September 19th and 20th, Saint Benedict Parish Mass times are as follows: Saturday afternoons at 5:00 pm; Sunday mornings at 9:00 am; 10:30 am and 12:00 noon. Due to the provincial protocols of 30% capacity and social distancing, this only allows for approximately 125 people in the gymnasium at Our Lady of Fatima CES (where we celebrate our weekend Masses until the new church is ready). Hence with increasing numbers, it is necessary to add another Mass time. Once again, please do not come to Mass if you are feeling unwell or exhibiting any symptoms of illness. Face masks are required, as per regional and diocesan health guidelines, at the celebration of Mass.
Your Partners in Catholic Education,
Mr. Jurus and Mrs. Robinson