CONGRATULATIONS to our Grade 8 Graduates! We are so proud of each of our graduates and wish them all the best as they move onto secondary school. May God continue to bless you in your future.
Sunday, June 21st is Father’s Day. We honour and celebrate all of our fathers– including our grandfathers, godfathers, new fathers, fathers-to-be, step-fathers, foster fathers, adoptive fathers and all those who care for us in fatherly ways. We also keep in our thoughts and prayers those fathers who have gone before us.
Reminders & Information:
- Curbside Pick Up and Drop off Schedules: A reminder that classes have been scheduled times for drop off of school belongings and pick up of student belongings on Wednesday, June 24th and Thursday, June 25th. Please view detailed information on our school website: https://elem.hcdsb.org/lumenchristi/2020/06/schedules-for-curbside-pick-up/
- Term 2 Report Card: This year, in light of the school closures due to COVID-19, student report cards will be delivered electronically. The report cards will be delivered directly to parents and guardians by email on Wednesday, June 24, 2020.
Parents and guardians will need their child’s Ontario Education Number (OEN) in order to access the report card. Your child’s OEN number can be found on a previous report card and your child’s teacher will be emailing this directly to you on Monday.
The Ministry has waived the expectation for both a teacher and parental signature for this reporting period. The School Principal’s electronic signature will appear on all student report cards.
As with all reporting periods, parents and guardians may contact their child’s teacher to arrange a time to discuss the report card.
You are also welcome to contact our school administration with any questions or should you require further clarification.
- Donate Your Empty Bottles to Food4Kids Halton! Food4Kids Halton is a not-for-profit organization that provides healthy food packages for at-risk children who have limited access to food. From June 22 to July 9th, Food4Kids Halton will be available to collect empty bottles from families in our community. If you have empty bottles (wine, beer, coolers, liquor bottles or cans) Food4Kids Halton will take them!
For more information and to find out ways to donate, please visit: https://www.food4kidshalton.ca/
- Class Placement September 2020: Please be advised that you will be able to access information about your child’s class placement on Friday, September 4, 2020, after 9:00 a.m. This information will be available on the Board’s website at: www.hcdsb.org. On the Home page, please click on the “Schools” tab and then on the “School Listing” tab in the drop-down menu. You will be directed to the school listing page. Once you have arrived on this page, please click on “Class Placements”, beside the appropriate Elementary school name.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to access this information, you will require your child’s Ontario Education Number (OEN), which can be found on his/her report card.
If you have any questions regarding your child’s class placement, please contact the school office.
- Last Day of School: Friday, June 26th is the last day of school for this school year.
~ Mr. Jurus and Mrs. Robinson