As we come to the end of a very challenging school year we want to take this opportunity to thank you. This has been a year like no other and we have appreciated your ongoing patience and support while we work together to meet the needs of our community and our learners. We know this has been a difficult few months and we hope you find time this summer to relax and enjoy. We will be checking our emails regularly throughout the summer if you need to reach either one of us.
Many blessings for a safe and happy summer!
~ Mr. Jurus & Mrs. Robinson
A few things to note:
- The D2L Online Learning Platform will not be accessible after today, June 26th. We will be posting links to various resources on our school website next week that you can access throughout the summer.
- What Will Next Year Look Like: At this point, it is too soon to know exactly what September will bring. We may be ‘back to normal’ and return to a conventional school/classroom setting. We may need to continue with distance learning. More than likely, we may need to implement a blend of conventional and distance learning as the 2020-2021 school year begins. The Ministry of Education has indicated that the return to school plan will be finalized and communicated to school boards by early August. We will continue to share Ministry updates and information as they become available. Information will be posted on our Board website and our school website to keep our families and staff informed.
- Class Placement September 2020: Please be advised that you will be able to access information about your child’s class placement on Friday, September 4, 2020, after 9:00 a.m. This information will be available on the Board’s website at: www.hcdsb.org. On the Home page, please click on the “Schools” tab and then on the “School Listing” tab in the drop-down menu. You will be directed to the school listing page. Once you have arrived on this page, please click on “Class Placements”, beside the appropriate Elementary school name.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to access this information, you will require your child’s Ontario Education Number (OEN), which can be found on his/her report card.
- Saint Benedict Parish will resume their weekend Masses this coming weekend? Mass times are the same as before – Saturday at 5:00 pm; Sundays at 9:00 am and 11:00 am. All information about this and the new church construction can be found on the parish website – www.stbenedictparish.ca .
- Lastly stay tuned on Monday, June 30th for a special Twitter message!!!