Thank You to Mrs. Rolfe and our Safe and Welcoming Schools Team for your hard work in our Wellness Week activities!
Reminders & Information:
- A reminder that all HCDSB schools will be CLOSED to students on Tuesday, February 4, 2020 as a result of the province-wide one-day full withdrawal of services by the Ontario English Catholic Teachers’ Association (OECTA). Information about the job action and labour negotiations can be found on the Board website: https://www.hcdsb.org/News/Labour-Negotiations/Pages/Labour-Updates.aspx
- Catholic School Council: We have our Catholic School Council Meeting #4 on Monday, February 3rd at 6:30 p.m. in the Library Learning Commons. Anyone is welcome to attend.
- Term 2 Pizza Orders: Term 2 Pizza Orders are now available on School Cash Online. Term 2 pizza runs from March 5th to June 25th. Orders are due by Friday, February 28th.
- PA Day February 14th: A reminder that Friday, February 14th is a PA Day and there is no school on that day.
- Family Day: A reminder that Monday, February 17th is Family Day and there is no school on that day.
- Information about Coronavirus: The message from the Medical Officer of Health for Halton Region has been translated into Arabic, Simplified Chinese and Spanish. All three have been posted on the Board website: https://www.hcdsb.org/Parents/safeandhealthy/Pages/Novel-Coronavirus.aspx
- Eco Team: On Thursday, February 6th Lumen Christi will be participating in National Sweater Day. We will be lowering the temperature to conserve energy. Staff and students are encouraged to wear their favourite, school-appropriate, sweater to school over their uniform. Note: this is a uniform day.
- Kindergarten Registration: A reminder we are accepting registrations for the next school year. Information about Kindergarten registration can be found here: https://www.hcdsb.org/Programs/EarlyLearning/Pages/default.aspx
- Attendance: A reminder that as a school we are monitoring student attendance. We strive to work in partnership with families to help ensure that your child is at school regularly. We will be communicating with parents when we start to notice a higher number of absences. The purpose of our initial communication is to make families aware of the number of absences and to offer support in ensuring that students are at school regularly, as well as offer support for students in catching up on missed work. Please note that for absences greater than 8 days a letter may come home informing you of the number of days absent and offering support to ensure students are at school regularly. Additional information can be found in the attached document. Attendance Info Sheet (stoplight)
- Parking Lot Safety: A reminder that students should not be climbing and playing on the snowbanks on the edges of our parking lots at our busy entry and dismissal times. Please remind your children of this so we can keep everyone safe.
~ Mr. Jurus and Mrs. Robinson
On Thursday, February 6th Lumen Christi will be participating in National Sweater Day. We will be lowering the temperature to conserve energy. Staff and students are encouraged to wear their favourite, school-appropriate, sweater to school over their uniform. Note: this is a uniform day.