Holy Rosary Catholic School Council Meeting Minutes
Date: Monday, February 4, 2019
Attendees: Marie Murad, Tanya LaConte, Anita Babin, Shelley Cutrara, Samantha Cervino, Joanna Hack, Karen Bivand, Paula Pascoe, Ingrid Johnson, Janina Bonin, Anne Vis, Grace Xu, Laura Christie, Frank Pandullo, Lindsay Quirk, Roanna Tulloch, Janet Rubio, Anita Simon-Pickett, Aja Coore, Nicole Shipowick
Regrets: Sandra Alva, Danielle Rybinski, Wunee Lagoutte
|Welcome and Prayer||Holy Rosary||Start 6:31|
|Approval of last meetings’ minutes||November minutes on the website|
|Principal’s Report||Principal’s Report
Achieving – Curriculum
1. Gr. 3&6 Book Club at lunch in library
2. EQAO Inservice for Mr. Barrett & Mrs. Gustin- Nov. 8
3. Sigmund Brouwer Remembrance Day Presentation-author visit Gr.1-3 am- Nov.12
4. Gr.4 testing-Mid Nov.
5. Gr.8 Teacher Recommendations & Course selections due- Nov/Dec
6. Ms. Fernandes in-service-Learning Style
7. Extended French Lottery- Nov.19
8. Progress Reports GO HOME- Nov.20
9. Gr3 teacher (Ms. Gustin) attended truth & reconciliation workshop-Nov. 20
10. Sigmund Brouwer Remembrance Day Presentation-author visit am- Gr.4-8
11. Ms. Romanowicz after-school- Gr.5 Math/LA- continues
12. Board Team- Nov.21, Jan.16
13. Grove EDGEucation- Nov.21
14. Progress Report Interviews- Nov.23/24
15. FOS my Blueprint Info Night Gr. 7-8 @BR (6:30-8:30)
16. Brightspace (D2L) Portfolio Training for K-3 Teachers- Nov.27
17. Gr.1&2 Literacy in-service –Nov.29
18. Pathways in-service- Mrs. Verissimo-Nov. 30
19. Gr.8 Transition Meetings with BR- Dec. 5
20. Music/Arts Workshop- Ms. Sansone- Dec.6
21. Jr. Coding workshop – Da Ros- Dec.12
22. Fernandes out – Coding workshop- Jan.8
23. Mrs. Cianciosi- stay, play, talk workshop am-Jan. 15
24. Teachers supporting Kinder In-service- Full Day- Jan.24- Kinder division
25. The school purchased 11 laptops & 5 Document camera stands.
Believing – Catholicity
1. Confirmation Retreat 9:30-2 @ Church Hall- Nov.14
2. Confirmation Rehearsal @ 12:30pm at Church- Nov.22
3. Virtue of the Month Assembly- Thank you Gr6 – Conscience- Nov.9
4. Virtue of the Month Assembly- Thank you Gr.4-Hope- Dec.7
5. Advent Mass- Led by the Gr.3’s-Dec.11
6. Virtue of the Month Assembly- Thank you Gr.2- Decision Making/Self-Control-Jan.11
7. Thank you Mrs. Cutrara, her mother and Mrs. Le Conte for the Prayer cloths for each classroom, made in white, green and purple.
Belonging – Community and School Culture
1. Gr. 7 &8 Trip @Fort York- Nov.6
2. Bullying Prevention launch, “See the Problem, be the solution” – Gr.8 students with Mrs. Paul & Mrs. Verissimo
3. Gr8 Day @BR- Nov.14
4. Le Conte/Paul @ Public Health Nurse Meeting- Nov.15
5. BR FOS Volleyball Tournament- Nov.16
6. We Are Silent hot chocolate sales- ME2WE Initiative – Nov.16
7. Bullying Awareness Week- Week of Nov.19
8. WE are Silent : Vow of silence in PM-Nov.20
9. Movember Dress Down Day! Bring $2 for Prostate Cancer- Nov.21
10. PICTURE RE-TAKE DAY- Nov.26
11. Wreath delivery- Nov.27
12. Field trip: The Grinch – Grade 1 and STC- Nov.28
13. NED’s mindset- Nov.30
14. Book Fair- Dec.3-7
15. “BE AN ALL-STAR Assembly” K-Gr8- Dec.4
16. Jr Science Center Trip- Dec.5
17. Dental screening JK/SK/2 & 7- Dec.6
18. Gr. 3 Trip to Warplane Museum-Dec.6
19. Christmas Family Night-Dec.6
20. Christmas Craft Day-Dec.14
21. CHANGE 5-8 Trip to Troys Diner –Lunch- Dec.17
22. Christmas Concert-Dec.19
23. Kindergarten & Primary Movie in the Gym- Dec.20
24. Student Teacher Volleyball Game- Dec.21
25. Basketball Coaches in-service- Jan. 9
26. Mental health puppet show up to gr4- Jan.15
27. Girls Inc. Gr 4 girls starts @ 12:10 on the Stage for 12 weeks- starting Jan.18
28. MADD presentation in Gym Gr7-8- Jan.21
29. Kindergarten Registration- Jan.22&23
30. Girls Inc. Gr 6 girls starts @ 12:10 on the Stage for 12 weeks- Jan.22
31. Girls & Boys Basketball Season began-Jan22
32. Bus Safety Presentation- Jan.24
33. Mrs. Fernandes’ Pathway Bowling Trip- Jan.24
34. Gr 7 Vaccination- Jan.28
35. Raptors 905 game Grade 6 –8, STC, Change- Jan.30
36. January Dress Down Day- Jan.31- to support HFFT
37. The School purchased outdoor recess equipment that was distributed to all classes in addition to a 3-hole basketball stand for outside.
|Chairs Report||ProGrant Event ( Funding was approved)
Thursday April 11, 6:30-7:45
Sara Westbrook- 3 Habits of Resilient families (adult only presentation)
Activities and child minding provided for the Primary grades.
Yoga ($100 flat rate charge) possibly in the library or kindergarten room, for the Junior and Intermediate grades. So parents can attend presentation. Flier will be going home to finalize numbers for attendance in Yoga and child minding.
ProGrant Proposal due next June, possibility ( Jump2math- kinaesthetic and multi-sensory approach to math, incorporates physical exercise with math based games) Open to suggestion and ideas.
Pancake Tuesday March 5th- looking for volunteers to help set-up, cook and clean up. Sign up for a shift.
Community Board (Joanna great job) If their is anything we think should be put up, let Joanna know via email. Looking into putting a parent board outside.
Council of Chair Feb.27
End of Year BBQ- June 13th
|Committee Updates||Community Rep:
Joanna will link up with Janet (BR parent council) to keep up to date on upcoming events.
• Married couples retreat Feb. 9 and 10 at Cranberry Golf Resort, Collingwood. It will be a weekend of mass, adoration, meditation, fun, games and exquisite cuisine, sure to deepen your relationship. Contact Sandy Marzal at firstname.lastname@example.org or see http://regnumchristiontario.org/event/catholic-couples-getaway-2019/ for more info.
• Knights of Columbus Valentine Dinner and Dance is on Sat. Feb. 9 at Granite Ridge. Proceeds supporting The Townsend Smith Foundation to raise funds for a hospice in Halton. For tickets contact Daniel Varinelli at email@example.com .
• The Office of Youth Ministry for the diocese of Hamilton is offering leadership training for potential and current youth leaders and volunteers on Sat. April 6 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at St. Anthony Daniel Parish in Kitchener. If you are interested in volunteering for youth ministry contact Deacon Bob at the parish office.
• Youth Rally 2019 – “According to Your Word” will take place May 25 at Bingemans, Kitchener. It is for young people in grades 7 to 12 and will be a day of faith, fun and fellowship. Keynote speaker is Chicka Anyanwu, International Catholic Speaker from California. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DYdWoe_Jks
•Fr.Peter is on sabbatical until June.
•CWL has a “Prayer Shawl Ministry” that knits or crochets shawls for palliative care patients. Contact CWL to donate or know someone in need.
April 5/6 celebrating 80th anniversary, Cardinal Collins leading worship, check in on the website for location and time.
Andrews Scenic Acres will have children come plant and then harvest their planted foods.
|New Business||Principal Selection Criteria- voted on by Council, Karen will submit the results.
Would like to have a hoody Uniform piece added to Holy Rosary. *Needs to be approved by vote then sent to IWS.
Ms. Murad will contact Angela to come in from IWS with samples for April.
The quality is based on how much they cost to make.
Can we move picture day up? Hopefully in September 2019. Was moved last year due to cross country.
Carnival on Wednesday Feb 6- depending on freezing rain- then cancelled, if not then It will take place on the black top.
|Marie Murad and Tanya Le Conte were dismissed for Principal Selection Criteria|
Next meeting: March 25, 2019 at 6:30pm