“If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.”
~St. Theresa of Calcutta
Dear HRM Families,
Thank you for your continued support as we continue to navigate through different circumstances. Our partnership and collaboration are integral to not only our success, but to providing the best and safest educational experience for our students.
School will be closed to all students on Monday, January 3rd and Tuesday, January 4th. No in-person or remote instruction will take place during this time for any students, including students with special education needs. In-school and remote instruction will resume for all students on Wednesday, January 5th.
COVID-19 Safety Measures:
- The province will be updating the COVID-19 school and child care screener ahead of the return to school on January 5 as well as updating COVID-19 reporting requirements for school boards and child care in January.
- The province will be supplying three-ply cloth masks for students in January. These masks will be distributed to families once we have received them from the Ministry.
- Families who have travelled outside of Canada over the Christmas break are reminded to monitor updates to federal travel directives and mandatory isolation periods for students. Please refer to the Government of Canada’s instructions for travellers from outside Canada for more information.
*Please continue to monitor your emails for updates from the school and the Board.
UPDATED COVID-19 Safety Measures: For the safety and well-being of all students and staff, parents and guardians must perform daily screening of their child(ren) for COVID-19 symptoms BEFORE leaving for school using the COVID-19 Self-Assessment.
- Check your child’s temperature to ensure they do not have a fever (temperature greater than 37.8C)
- Monitor for signs and symptoms (including atypical symptoms) of COVID-19
- Individuals experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19 as identified in the screening tool, must not attend school and should follow the guidance provided in the screening tool
The Government of Ontario daily self-screening tool can be accessed here: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/school-screening/
Daily Self-Screening- Until further notice: As we did for the first two weeks of the school year, when we return to school on Wednesday, confirmation of daily screening of COVID-19 will be required for all students, staff and visitors until further notice. This will be done through a Microsoft Form for each class. An email will be sent with a direct link- The form should be completed for each child, which means if you have more than one child then you are required to complete more than one form. PLEASE ENSURE THIS IS COMPLETED EVERY MORNING AND NOT IN ADVANCE. IF IT IS NOT COMPLETED YOU WILL BE CONTACTED BY THE SCHOOL.
Interested in becoming a Lunchtime Supervisor: If you are interested in becoming a lunch time supervisor for the school please contact the school at 905-876-1121 or email Ms. Owens at OwensD@hcdsb.org. All interested individuals must have a valid clear criminal reference check with the vulnerable sector dated within a year.
Promoting Well-Being: How to help children and teens manage their stress
Stress is a normal part of life at every age- Here are healthy ways for children and teens to cope: https://www.apa.org/topics/child-development/stress
Follow us on Twitter @HolyRosaryM- 1136 followers & counting!
Wishing you a great weekend – the Staff of Holy Rosary-Milton CES