Dear HRM Parents and Guardians,
- Thank you to all the classes and families for joining us as we are praying the Sacred Heart of Jesus Novena.
- Thank you to all of the families who joined us for our first HRM Family Paint Night yesterday.
- Thank you to our Grade 8 Team for all their hard work in preparing for Grad- we are looking forward to celebrating this special day with our amazing graduates.
- Thank you to everyone for participating in Rainbow Day on June 1.
- Thank you to all staff for facilitating their individual class Rainbow Day Liturgy.
Sacred Heart of Jesus Novena: As a school and starting on June2, we will be praying together the Novena of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Please see the attached link if you wish to join us: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1JlGot4ucs1miNReMnYtnQvpDWQOeW08WIsXO0Ds0sFk/edit?usp=sharing
Message from HRM Catholic School Council: Staff Appreciation Day- June 18: If you wish to contribute to Staff Appreciation Day please visit CashOnline by Monday June 7, and donate any amount you like- Thank you!
HRM Talent Show: We are so excited to keep with the annual Holy Rosary Milton tradition of an “End of the Year” talent show where we can get a glimpse of the talented students at our school! All auditions must be submitted to the Google Forms link that was sent in an email and posted on platforms by Friday June. 11
Thomas Merton Grade6-8 Summer School Program: This program is back and is intended for students who have completed Grades6-8. Please use the link in the poster to register- no applications will be accepted after June 24.
Decision for the 2021 School Year: The Halton Catholic District School Board will continue to offer a virtual school setting for Kindergarten to Grade 8, including the Grade 5-8 Extended French Program. Please confirm your plans for September 2021 on whether your child will attend school in-person with enhanced health and safety protocols or whether your child will attend the Virtual Elementary School and participate in Remote Learning. At this time, you are asked to confirm your decision by completing the online form linked below if you would like your child to attend the HCDSB Virtual Catholic Elementary School (ONLY IF YOU PLAN FOR YOUR CHILD TO ATTEND VIRTUAL SCHOOL). The form will be open until 11:59pm on Friday June 11, 2021.
Promoting Well-Being: Children Need to Learn How to Move…
Did you know that just like reading and writing, children need to learn to move? Basic movement skills include: skipping, jumping, kicking, throwing, running and catching. When children learn basic movement skills, they feel confident trying a variety of physical activities because they have the skills to succeed and have fun. Finding opportunities to help children develop basic movement skills will give them the tools they need to make healthy choices and grow into happy, healthy, and active adults. Helpful tips for parents:
- Make being active a family value – play as a family, enjoy new activities and games together.
- Let children do physical activities that they enjoy.
- Have children participate in sport programs/activities that are appropriate for their age and skill level.
- Help children see physical activity as a normal part of their daily routine.
- Set time aside for “unstructured play”- get outside and explore nature.
- Challenge them to try new activities.
– Healthy Schools Halton
Follow us on Twitter @HolyRosaryM- 1056 followers & Counting!
Wishing you a great weekend – the Staff of Holy Rosary-Milton CES