“Pray, hope, and don’t worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.” St. Padre Pio
Dear HRM Parents and Guardians,
Thank you to all the parents and guardians for supporting us as we are working through the different parts of our new routines. We appreciate your understanding, support, and cooperation. As you know, we are trying our best given these new circumstances and working through the pandemic means that while we continue to ensure that we provide the best educational experience, everyone’s health and safety is a priority. Thank you!
Thank you to our most amazing HRM Staff, we simply could not have done the past two weeks without such amazing individuals who truly put students first and their love for teaching is extremely evident. Thank you staff for your collaboration, dedication, support, flexibility, and innovation.
Agendas are on sale for $8, please purchase them online- Thank you for your support!
Family Information Packages: We have sent home our Family Information/Consent Form and the Registration Verification form. A copy of the Holy Rosary-Milton Code of Conduct can be found in the front of your child’s agenda and also on our website https://elem.hcdsb.org/holyrosarymilton/code-of-conduct/ or visit our website under “Safety and Wellbeing”. Please complete and return the Family Information /Consent Form to the school as soon as possible. We need to have up to date information in order to contact you in the case of an emergency. Please return all forms as soon as possible.
Kindly remember that no parents/guardians are allowed on school property before, during, or after school (8:50-3:50). Also remember that no pets are allowed on school property and on all schoolyards. Moreover, only essential visitors are allowed in the school, please contact Ms. Murad or Mrs. MacLeod if you have any questions or concerns. We ask that if your child is late or leaving early, please inform your child’s teacher and the office. Parents and guardians are asked to drop off their child at the main entrance and the student will independently enter the office to receive their late slip. When leaving early, parents and guardians are to wait outside the main doors for students to exit and meet them there.
Daily Self-Assessment of COVID-19 Symptoms: Staff are to monitor self and students for signs/symptoms of COVID-19. All Staff and students who are experiencing new or worsening symptoms consistent with COVID- 19 must go home/stay at home and seek appropriate medical attention as required, including getting tested for COVID-19. Take the self-assessmentand follow the recommendations shared previously.
Medical Perils: Please ensure you have returned the necessary forms for any medical perils (anaphylaxis, asthma, diabetes, etc.) to the office along with any medication needed so we can update our files. Please be aware that Holy Rosary-Milton School strives to be a nut free environment. We have students with life threatening allergies to nuts and other allergens. No peanut butter or other nut products are allowed. Please check labels before sending items in school lunches and for snacks. Even a trace of nut oil from one child’s fingers to a desk surface can cause a deadly reaction. Please note that Wow Butter (soy product) is not allowed as well since we cannot distinguish between it and peanut butter.
Recess/Breaks: The School is divided into 2 groups for staggered recesses and lunch blocks. At lunch –Both groups rotate after 30-minute period, this includes the 5minutes transition period. The School Yard is divided each day into Zone A/B/C for every recess. Lines have been painted on yard indicating parameters of each zone. Pilons and connectors will be arranged each day to section yard into sections. Class cohorts will consistently use assigned zone/section each recess.
Lunch & Lunch Supervision: The school will continue to operate as two groups since this will help in staggered entry and re-entry to the school. Students are eating lunch within their assigned times. All staff and students perform proper hand hygiene before and after eating. We will continue to stagger student/staff to accommodate for hand hygiene use at communal stations (e.g., washrooms). Staff will clean and disinfect shared eating areas between use. Students may choose to leave the school for lunch but must sign in/out at the office. We understand that not all members within one family have the same lunch, and we apologize for this; however, as you can imagine, it is very difficult to arrange that given all the size of our school and the many siblings that we have. We appreciate your understanding and patience.
Promoting Well-Being: Back to School During COVID-19: Tips for Parents and Caregivers:
The first week back to school
- Leave earlier than usual. Whether you are driving, or simply dropping off your kids at the bus stop, this will give you more flex time
- Consider working a shorter day on the first day back, so that you can pick them up earlier on the first day back, until they get used to the new routine.
- Establish a goodbye ritual. When its time to say goodbye to your child, give them a final hug, kiss, say goodbye, and talk about when you’ll see them next. Don’t just say “Goodbye!” but bridge the separation by talking about when you will see them next.
- Have you dropped off your child? Try to take some time just for yourself, whether it’s going for a walk, to the coffee shop, having tea with a friend, or just going home to nap. Breathe a sigh of relief and savor this time.
- Check in with your children about how the day went. If your child isn’t ready to talk, then ask them later when they are ready. You might ask: “How did your day go?” “How did it go with wearing your mask and keeping away from people and all that?” “What was hard, what was easy?”
- If they are sad, validate the sadness: “I can see you are feeling sad and it’s ok to cry. I’m going to miss you too.” Offer comfort like a hug or offering a tissue. Crying is good because it helps the brain. https://www.cheo.on.ca/en/resources-and-support/resources/P6225E.pdf
Follow us on Twitter @HolyRosaryM- 986 followers & Counting!
Wishing you a great weekend – the Staff of Holy Rosary-Milton CES