Thank you to all our families for your patience and commitment to “Distance Learning”. We know it can be challenging but please know we are all in this together! Thank you to all our staff for your dedication and commitment to our students and our families!
- As we come to the end of week five of Distance Learning we welcome the month of May and hopefully some warmer weather. Today is the beginning of Catholic Education Week 2020. The theme this year is Igniting Hope– Stay tune for different activities showcased in your child’s platform.
- This week marks Mental Health Week with the theme of Self-Care – stay tuned for different challenges provided by Mrs. Paul and Mrs. Dinning in your child’s DL Platform
- Praying the Rosary: Pope Francis calls all Catholics to pray the rosary daily throughout the month of May. The following link supports your family with this request: https://www.rcdom.org.uk/post/pope-francis-encourages-faithful-to-rediscover-the-rosary-this-may and https://elem.hcdsb.org/stpatrick/2020/04/praying-the-rosary/
- Marian Consecration ~ May 1st –Please find the following link to the Marian Consecration for families on May 1 as guided by Pope Francis: https://elem.hcdsb.org/stpatrick/2020/04/marian-consecration-may-1st/
- COVID-19 Together! We Feed Students! FAQ
Halton Food for Thought, Food for Life and Food 4 Kids Halton have partnered with the Halton Catholic District School Board and the Halton District School Board to ensure our students receive the support they need.
Q. Can BOTH Elementary AND Secondary students register to receive Together! We Feed Students! support?
- Elementary and/or Secondary students can register for Together! We Feed Students! support
Q. What is the Together! We Feed Students! registration process?
- Families contact Food for Life email@example.com or 905-635-1106 ext. 7 to register.
- Must provide a delivery address, phone number and email
- Registrations are being triaged by the usual triage team at Food for Life.
- NOTE – Students/families who are able to safely access existing FFL food programs will be directed to local programs o Identified/approved students/families who are not able to safely access existing FFL food programs will receive home delivery of bagged/boxed food, starting with our most vulnerable
Q. Once approved for Together! We Feed Students! how will students receive home delivery support?
- Identified/approved students/families will receive home delivery of bagged/boxed food, starting with our most vulnerable
- The goal is to provide deliveries once per week depending on capacity and funding
Q. What type of food is included in the Together! We Feed Students! home food deliveries?
- Both perishable and non-perishable food items will be included in the home delivery
Q. How can a community member support Together! We Feed Students!
- ONLINE DONATIONS ARE NEEDED IMMEDIATELY and can be made to any of the partners of the Together! We Feed Students!
- Contact Food for Life firstname.lastname@example.org with food donation inquiries
Q. Are there additional programs/initiatives community members in need of food can access?
- CLICK HERE (Insert link) for the Where to Get Food in Halton resource
- Please note, individual providers may have implemented COVID-19 related program delivery/service measures. Please contact them directly
– Promoting Well-Being: Managing Difficult Behaviours during COVID-19 and Beyond
R.O.C.K. – Reach Out Centre for Kids – is presenting this free webinar – for more information follow the link – https://rockevents.ca/event/managing-difficult-behaviours-webinar/
“A behavioural approach to understanding and addressing problem behaviour. Join an experienced behaviour therapist for this informative webinar to learn ways to help reduce and manage challenging behaviours during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.”
- Tuesday, May 12, 2020, from 10:00 – 11:30 am OR Thursday, May 14, 2020, from 6:00– 7:30 pm
- Free – Live webinar through Zoom
Please continue to follow us on Twitter @HolyRosaryM & send us or tag us- We love seeing your beautiful faces as we continue to miss you!