The health and well-being of our school community remain the highest priority of the Halton Catholic District School Board. Officials from our school board are in close contact with the Halton Region Health Department, who are working closely with the Ministry of Health, Public Health Ontario and local health care providers to monitor risks and take actions, as appropriate.
Tips to prevent the spread of respiratory viruses include:
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer – keep in mind that hand sanitizer is not a substitute for handwashing;
- Cover your mouth and nose when sneezing;
- If you do not have a tissue, sneeze or cough into your sleeve or arm;
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces regularly; and
- If you or your family members are ill, stay home.
Please visit https://www.hcdsb.org/Parents/safeandhealthy/Pages/Novel-Coronavirus.aspx to learn more about symptoms and how to prevent the spread of respiratory viruses.