About Our School Council
The Halton Catholic School Council’s roles are to advise the school principal and, where appropriate the School Board on any matter that the council has identified as a priority.
Catholic School Councils are legally constituted bodies of elected and appointed representatives of the local school community established for the purposes of developing, encouraging and promoting activities which will enhance the quality of school programs and improve the levels of student achievement.
School Council’s objectives are to:
- promote cooperation between home and school
- promote involvement of parents and other community members
- organize and provide additional resources to help the school through volunteer means
- provide a formal means of consultation and recommendations for budgetary matters, curriculum, new instructional programs, facilities and equipment and learning resources
Our Council is involved in:
- school improvement plan
- having an active role in consultation before certain decisions are made
- keeping an open line of communication between school and home
- supporting parish initiatives
- raising funds to support programs
- organizing special student lunch days; pizza/lunch lady/pita
Holy Family School Council Elections take place in September of the new school year.
If you have an item you would like to add to the agenda, or if you would like more information on the school council, please call the school and leave a message for the council chair or the principal.
School Council 2019-2020
Co Council Chairs: Mrs. Zerek and Mrs. Juliao
Teacher Rep: Mrs. Erickson
Non-Teaching Rep: Mrs. Fossenier
Parent Reps: Mrs. Picchiello (parish representative),
Mrs. Ferrante (secretary)
Principal: Mr. AlbaniAbout Our School Council