Holy Family School
Weekly update for November 29th– December 3rd
God of us all,
Thank you for the gift of Mary in my life.
I rely on her to intercede for me with her son,
and to guide me, especially in my family.
Help me to learn the grace of humility,
and give me the courage to say “yes” to you
without always knowing where it will lead.
Release me from the fears that grip me,
the pride and stubbornness
that keep me from you and others.
Let me turn to Mary, so human,
for an example of how I might live my own life
more freely, more loving and more aware of you.
- Student Census 2022 will be implemented February 28 to April 4, 2022 (inclusive). More information is posted on the board website here: https://www.hcdsb.org/students/student-census-2022/
- Holy Family Angel Tree: Students are welcome to take an angel from the tree home to parents/guardians who can then purchase a gift card from the business listed on the Angel. OR: Parents/guardians can simply purchase a gift card and send it into the school in any amount they wish. This year we are collecting gift cards from: Winners/Home Sense, Walmart, Canadian Tire, Tim Hortons, SuperCentre. All gift cards will be given to families in our own Holy Family School community.
- Christmas Food Drive: We are collecting non-perishable food items which we will collect until the morning of Thursday, Dec. 16th. All food will be given to Kerr Street Mission for their Christmas collection.
- Christmas Break/Last day of School: Friday, December 17th at 1:50 pm. *Early Dismissal*
- Back to School: Monday, January 3rd
- Christmas Concert: As you are aware, all of our students have been working diligently on our Christmas concert and although we would have loved to have hosted an in-person Christmas concert, we will be sharing the next best thing. Please look for a separate email and link of our students performing just before Christmas Break. Please see below for the song each class will be performing:
- Mrs. Erickson: Happy Birthday Baby Jesus
- Mrs. Cappucci and Mrs. Cova: Oh, What a Special Night!
- Ms. DiDomenico: The Best Present Ever
- Mrs. McCurry: It’s a Christmas Medley
- Ms. Tata: Ding Dong Ding, Everybody Sing
- Mr. Daly: Jingle Bells
- Mr. Coccia: Feliz Navidad
- Ms. Koritko: The Little Drummer Boy
- Ms. Scalia: Carol of the Bells
- Mr. Nolan: Mele Kalikimaka
- Mrs. Tropea: Mary’s Boy Child
- Winter Weather and Recess: As the temperature is beginning to drop this month, we ask that you remind your child to have appropriate winter wear for fun outside. As the snow begins to fall, students are very excited to make a snowman, fort, or snow sculpture with the new fallen snow. Each morning on the announcements we talk about using Kind words and Kind actions in all of our interactions throughout the school day, and about keeping our hands and feet to ourselves. I also remind the students that they should be sharing the snow and throwing snowballs is not permitted.
- Kernals Popcorn: We will be selling Kernals Popcorn on Fridays here at Holy Family. Students can bring in a toonie and teachers will collect the money and send it to the office. Students in each class let their teacher know which flavour of popcorn they preferred so we will do our best to obtain students favourite flavors. We will be donating the proceeds of all sales to a local charity.
- Have a great Weekend!