Holy Family Catholic School
Weekly Update for Nov. 15-19
Please wash us with Your love. We repent of our sins, and we pray for help to do better in time. We rejoice that You are forgiving and full of such a grace that ushers us forth into freedom. Our times and our days rest in Your hands, and we know that even in anguish, You have a plan for our benefit and the glorification of the kingdom. Help us to trust You in such times and be filled with overwhelming peace.
Thank You, Lord, for this beautiful day.
May we come into an abundance of Your love.
In Jesus’ name,
School Updates: Important
- Progress Reports will be emailed home Wed. Nov. 24th
- Parent-Teacher Interview Information: Thur.Nov. 25th and Fri. Nov. 26th – details below.
- We will be holding Parent-Teacher Interviews on Thursday, November 25th from 3:40 – 8:30 pm and Friday, November 26th during the school day. This year, you will be able to schedule your Parent-Teacher Interviews online. If you wish to schedule a meeting with any of your child’s teachers, please follow the instructions printed further down the page.
- You will be able to make appointments November 18th at 5:00 pm until November 24th at 11:00 pm.
- 1.Go to the Holy Family scheduling webpage at https://family.parentinterview.com
- 2. Enter the Parent Code (printed below) and click “Sign In”
- Please make a note of your Confirmation #
- 3. Fill in your contact information and click “Continue to Make Appointments”
- 4. Click on the name of a teacher with whom you wish to schedule an appointment
- 5. Click on “Available” for a time at which you wish to meet to have your meeting
- 6. Repeat Steps 4 and 5 until you have scheduled all the teachers you wish to meet
- 7. Click on “My Schedule” (top left of the page)
- 8. Print out, email or copy down your schedule
The Parent Code for this term has been emailed to you.
- Should you wish to delete an appointment you have made, click on “Delete” beside the meeting you wish to have removed from your schedule.
- If you misplace your schedule, you may use your Confirmation # to retrieve your schedule from the website at any time. If you need help using the service, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We look forward to seeing you.
- Human Rights and Equity Advisory Council- please follow link for more details
- Within a few short months, our school library has received a tremendous
influx of books which has greatly enhanced our collection. As a result,
the students at Holy Family have showed excitement about the new
books and the books continue to fly off the shelves.
Our heartfelt thanks to the families and the community groups who have
donated books to the school library. Your generous contributions help
support the reading enjoyment of many students.
Ms. Benjamin-Library Technician
- Mary Mother of God Parish: News below
- Confirmation for our Grade 7’s: Please click the following link if you have not registered yet. The link to register is here: https://mmogp.ca/confirmation You can also contact Mary Mother of God parish for more information or assistance. 905-337-2184
- We have a few events coming up during Advent and Christmas that your families may want to participate in. Since those December calendars fill up fast, would you mind sharing the following “Save the dates” message? I’m attaching graphics sized for Twitter and your newsletter. If possible, can you also share with your teachers? Thanks so much!
- SAVE THE DATES: Mary Mother of God Church is hosting four wonderful events for families during Advent and Christmas that you don’t want to miss!
- 1. THE PEACELIGHT FROM BETHLEHEM: The Peacelight, which was lit from the grotto where Jesus was born in Bethlehem will be burning at MMoG throughout Advent. Families will be welcome after all of the Masses the weekend of December 18 and 19 to receive a candle with Peacelight and bring it home for Christmas.
- 2. GRANDPARENTS MASS: Our December Mass with Grandparents is back on December 9th at 7:00 pm. . Kids and grandparents attend together and will both receive candles with the Peacelight to bring home and share with others. We also invite attendees to send us their favorite photo with their grandparents and we’ll show them on our screens during Mass. Seating is limited. Eventbrite tickets are required. https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/advent-mass-with-grandparents-and-receive-the-peacelight-from-bethlehem-tickets-204735668897
- 3. BLESSING OF BABY JESUS: Bring baby Jesus from your nativity scene at home and Fr. Jerry will bless him before you put him in the manger of Christmas Eve. The blessing will take place during all Masses on December 18 and 19.
- 4. CHRISTMAS EVE MASS FOR KIDS: 5:00 pm on Christmas Eve, we invite all children to be a part of our Christmas procession. Dress up as your favorite character from the nativity (an angel, a shepherd, St. Joseph, etc.). You will process in to the church with Father Jerry and surround the manger scene on the altar while Father Jerry blesses it. This is our most popular Mass of the year. Eventbrite tickets will be available on Nov. 25, so set an alarm to get your tickets by visiting www.mmogp.ca.
- St.Vincent de Paul Christmas donations: Please see attachment.
- All Covid safety protocols including masks and social distancing are in place. For more information email Debbie Frey at email@example.com. Also, visit the parish website at www.mmogp.ca for our Christmas Mass schedule.