Holy Family Catholic School
Weekly Update for Nov. 8-12
God of love and justice,
This week we remember all men and women who served in defence of our country and its freedom.
Help us to honour their sacrifice
through our prayers and actions for peace in our world.
Send your Spirit to help us to let go of misunderstandings,
hatred and prejudice
so that we may grow together as one family.
Guide our steps in the way of peace
We ask this prayer through Jesus Christ,
the Prince of Peace.
- Progress Reports will be emailed home to parents/guardians on Wed. Nov.24th
- Parent-Teacher Interview Information: Thur.Nov. 25th and Fri. Nov. 26th – details below.
- We will be holding Parent-Teacher Interviews on Thursday, November 25th from 3:40 – 8:30 pm and Friday, November 26th during the school day. This year, you will be able to schedule your Parent-Teacher Interviews online. If you wish to schedule a meeting with any of your child’s teachers, please follow the instructions printed further down the page.
- You will be able to make appointments November 18th at 5:00 pm until November 24th at 11:00 pm.
- 1.Go to the Holy Family scheduling webpage at https://family.parentinterview.com
- 2. Enter the Parent Code (printed below) and click “Sign In”
- Please make a note of your Confirmation #
- 3. Fill in your contact information and click “Continue to Make Appointments”
- 4. Click on the name of a teacher with whom you wish to schedule an appointment
- 5. Click on “Available” for a time at which you wish to meet to have your meeting
- 6. Repeat Steps 4 and 5 until you have scheduled all the teachers you wish to meet
- 7. Click on “My Schedule” (top left of the page)
- 8. Print out, email or copy down your schedule
The Parent Code for this term has been sent in a separate email to you in the weekly memo.
- Should you wish to delete an appointment you have made, click on “Delete” beside the meeting you wish to have removed from your schedule.
- If you misplace your schedule, you may use your Confirmation # to retrieve your schedule from the website at any time. If you need help using the service, please email email@example.com
- We look forward to seeing you.
- Sincerely, The Teachers and Administration of Holy Family Catholic Elementary School
- Conquest and Challenge group from Mary Mother of God Parish. Conquest and Challenge is a faith centered youth program that is for boys (Conquest) and girls (Challenge) in grades 5 to 8. The program is led by teens in high school and supervised by adult volunteers. These programs support parents in the Christian formation of their children and help them get to know their Catholic faith. Mary Mother of God is hosting an open house and would like to get the word out to our students about this wonderful opportunity for our Catholic Youth. Please open attachment/flyer for more information.
- Remembrance Day Liturgy: We recognized and took time to reflect upon the service and sacrifice of all of our veterans- past, present and future. Through them, we are able to enjoy our freedom. Thank you to Mr. Coccia’s girls and boys who prepared our school wide liturgy this past Thur. Nov. 11th.
- Pink Day at Holy Family: This Fri. Nov. 12th marks the beginning of National Bullying awareness week. This year the theme is Rebuild, Restore, Renew together. There is recognition that bullying isn’t something that can resolved in a week. We will work on it throughout the school year and spread the message of inclusion, kindness, tolerance and acceptance of all students. Next Thursday, Nov. 18th, all students and staff are welcome to wear something pink in honour of Bullying awareness week, and to show their respect and support to all those that have been treated unfairly, and to show that they would like to make a difference.
- Confirmation for our Grade 7’s: A reminder that registration for Confirmation at Mary Mother of God parish is open until next week. Please click the following link if you have not registered yet. The link to register is here: https://mmogp.ca/confirmation
Keeping Christ in Christmas: As you know, each year our board runs the Keeping Christ in Christmas contest, open to all HCDSB students.
Again this year, we will be giving back to our local community through the sale of Christmas cards!
A selection of artwork from last year’s Keeping Christ in Christmas student contest has been used to create Christmas cards, which will be sold online today until December 10, 2021.
Each package has an assortment of 12 cards, available for purchase with a minimum donation of $10. All proceeds will support families in need this Christmas through the Society of St. Vincent de Paul.
Giving Back to the Community
There are a limited number of packages available, so they will be offered on a first come, first served basis. Thank you for your generosity and support in our efforts to Keep Christ in Christmas.
- Uniform Reminder: With the weather becoming a bit colder, more and more students are arriving with sweatshirts and sweat tops that are non-uniform items and wearing them inside the school. A gentle reminder that students should wear or purchase the ½ zip polo long sleeve, hooded sweat, or long sleeve golf shirt with our school logo as part of their uniform. Thanks for your co-operation. If you’d like to order any new pieces please reach out to https://www.mccarthyuniforms.ca/home/index