School’s Website: http://schools.hcdsb.org/hlfy
|SafeArrival Student Absence Reporting SafeArrivalis offered through SchoolMessenger© SafeArrival system is available 24/7, allowing you to report your child’s absence 3 ways: Using the SchoolMessenger© Education mobile app By logging into the SchoolMessenger© web site By calling into an interactive toll-free phone line 1-844-445-4505|
2021-2022 SCHOOL STAFF
Mr. T. Albani Principal
Mrs. B. Fossenier Secretary
Mrs. N. Dinolfo Superintendent
Mr. K. Philpott Custodian
Mrs. I. Erickson JK/SK
Ms. E. Cappucci JK/SK
Mrs. A. DeCova ECE
Ms. O. Di Domenico 1
Mrs. M. McCurry 1/2
Ms. A. Tata 2/3
Mr. M. Daly 3
Mr. M. Coccia 4
Ms. L. Koritko 5
Ms. S. Scalia 6
Mr. P. Nolan 7
Mrs. Tropea 8
Mrs. A. Trojanowski P.T.M.
Mrs. K. Watson F.S.L.
Ms. D. Dametto Teacher of the Arts
Mrs. L. Patel S.E.R.T.
Mrs. V. Sutherland E.A.
Ms. M. Ireland E.A.
Mrs. J. Serpa E.A.
Mr. Naz E.A.
Ms. B. Benjamin Library Technician
Mrs. A. Arthur C.Y.C
Mrs. M. Zimmerman E.S.L.
Thank you for your goodness and for your blessings over our lives. Forgive us for when we don’t thank you enough, for who you are, for all that you do, for all that you’ve given.
We’re so grateful to you for your amazing love and care, for your mercy and grace, for always working on our behalf, even behind the scenes when we’re unaware.
Thank you that you are always with us and will never leave us, even through loss and the most difficult of times.
Thank you for your incredible sacrifice so that we might have freedom and life. Help us to set our eyes and our hearts on you afresh. Renew our spirits, fill us with Your peace and joy.
We give you thanks and praise, for You alone are worthy!
In Jesus’ Name,
Weekly Update for Oct. 4th– 8th (paper copy and electronic version)
- Weekly School Updates: Each week, we will provide parents and guardians with an update from the week. It may include information about sacraments, curriculum night, when report cards will be coming home, pizza days, or any other important and pertinent information. This information will be emailed to each family according to the email address you provided to the school when you first registered your child. In addition to this, the weekly update will also be posted on the School’s website: https://elem.hcdsb.org/holyfamily/ click “news”, click on “week at a glance”. This will be the only “paper” copy of the weekly update this year. If you are not receiving
- Pizza Days are coming back to Holy Family: We have been developing a plan to bring back Pizza Day! This year we thought it would be a nice idea to allow our students to vote for the Pizza company that they liked the best. This week in class, they voted for either Gino’s Pizza or Pizza Pizza. These two were chosen because they were both able to provide us with individual pizza slice boxes (recyclable), which allows our staff to quickly distribute pizza to students without touching the individual slice. Pizza is delivered to the front door of the school and staff take care of the rest.
- After our vote this past Wednesday, the winner was Pizza Pizza! Parents will be able to purchase pizza using Cash Online. Each slice will be $2.50 for either pepperoni or cheese. Slices will come labelled as well for our convenience. A separate email will be sent soon so that you may place your orders.
- Lunch Lady: We will also be offering food options from Lunch Lady once per week. Please look for a link to their menu to place orders for Lunch Lady as well. Each item will also be individually packaged to reduce the amount of handling by staff.
- Running Club: Although elementary sports are still on hold for our board, we wanted to introduce an opportunity for kids to walk/run a couple of times per week. Thank you to Mrs. Trojanowski, Ms.DiDomenico, Mr. Daly, and Madame Watson who will be organizing a running club over the lunch hour for our students in grades 4-8. This will begin next week weather permitting. Students will learn more over the announcements next week.
- Student Ambassadors: We thought it was important for our grade 7 & 8 students to learn more about their leadership potential and be role models to all of our younger students this year. Thank you to Ms. Arthur our CYC who has started working with our grade 7 & 8 boys and girls to initiate some fun activities for our students such as Civies days, and other activities to enhance our learning environment. More information to come.
- Mad Science: Mad Science is Back at Holy Family!
Virtual program is happening on Tuesdays from 5:00pm-6:00pm and is suitable for grades 1-6.
October 26th – December 14th
8 Week Program for $120 + HST
Register Online at hamilton.madscience.org
Or call 905-335-6746 ext. 23
- Holy Family Library:
- At Holy Family we believe that having a variety of books to choose from can encourage our students to read more. With your support, we are looking to freshen up our school library selection. If you wish to contribute a gently used book to the school library, please drop them off at the office during school hours. The books will be quarantined for a number of days prior to being shelved. Your support in helping keep our students interested in reading is greatly appreciated. Choosing new books can be a fun adventure.
Ms. Benjamin– Library Technician
- Life Threatening Allergies: Products that contain or ‘may contain’ peanuts and tree nuts are not to be brought onto the school site.Our school’s anaphylaxis plan conforms to Sabrina’s Law and Halton Catholic DSB Anaphylaxis Policy. The plan is designed to ensure that students at risk are identified, strategies are in place to minimize the potential for accidental exposure and staff and key volunteers are trained to respond in an emergency situation.Students are asked to bring lunches and snacks free of peanuts and tree nuts and products that may contain peanuts/ tree nuts such as donuts, granola bars, etc.
Students should not be sharing any snack or food with their peers. We remind students not to bring food outside during recess time as well. Students that are anaphylactic should wear their epi-pen at all times.
Look- a- Like Products to Peanut Butter:
The Board is requesting that parents do not send their children to school with look-a-like products to peanut butter. The look-a-like products claim to be so close to peanuts in smell, taste and texture that you won’t believe it’s not peanut butter. As a result, it is difficult for teachers and children to differentiate between these products and peanut butter. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping the look-a-like products at home and preventing the chance of a mix up between the two products – where the results could be life-threatening.
- School Council at Holy Family: On Monday, Oct. 4th we held our first Catholic School Council meeting virtually. The following parents/guardians are members of school council this year:
- Mrs. Zerek (co-chair)
- Mrs. Juliao (co-chair)
- Mrs. Picchiello (Parish Representative)
- Mrs. Ferrante (Secretary)
- Mrs. Ryan
- Mrs. Firstenhaupt
- Mrs. Erickson (Teaching Representative)
- Mrs. Fossenier (Non-teaching Representative)
- Mr. Albani (Principal)
- Our next meeting will be Monday, November 1st at 6:30 pm. This meeting will be a virtual meeting. If you are interested in hearing more about our meeting or being part of the gallery, please email Mr. Albani at email@example.com for a link. We will provide another reminder as the date gets closer. If you have any questions that you would like to be answered at School Council you can also email the principal. For questions that may pertain specifically to your child or child’s class, it is most likely best to reach out to your child’s teacher as a first step. If the question is a broader based, whole school concern, than please email Mr. Albani and we can potentially discuss at School Council. Thank you.
- ‘Minutes’ from the Oct. 4th meeting are posted on our school website under School Council, along with our agenda for the next meeting in November as soon as the minutes are approved and the new agenda is generated.
- PA day this Friday, Oct. 8th and Thanksgiving Monday, Oct. 11th– No school for students
- Happy Thanksgiving to our entire Holy Family Catholic School Community!