Holy Family Weekly Update
“Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.”
Isaiah 43: 1-3
- We were thankful to come together in prayer to enjoy the Opening School Liturgy led by Father Jerry of Mary Mother of God parish.
- We celebrated Orange Shirt Day this past Thur. Sept. 30 In honour of our commitment to Truth and Reconciliation through Indigenous Education. Thank you to all staff and students that participated! We will continue to learn about the traditions, culture and heritage of our Indigenous Peoples of Canada throughout the school year.
- From Mary Mother of God Parish:
THANKSGIVING AUTUMN LEAVES: This weekend after all the Masses, we invite you to visit our youth table in the narthex and write something that you are thankful for on an autumn leaf. We will use these during all of our Thanksgiving Masses. Also, if you have a PHOTO of something you are thankful for, please visit our parish website homepage to upload a photo. We will add these to the screens this Thanksgiving.
FOOD, BOTTLE AND CELL PHONE DRIVE: Our Knights of Columbus are hosting a food, bottle and cell phone drive. Non perishable foods and refundable bottles welcome. Please drop off at Mary Mother of God On Saturday, Oct. 9 from 9 to 3 or Sunday, October 10 from 9 to 1.
- Picture Day– At our latest administrators’ meeting we learned that we will be permitted to have our photographers take individual pictures of our students and create a class composite for each classroom. The composite will be created and made available to students in lieu of a whole class picture. We will keep you posted in regards to our tentative date of Oct.20th. All photographers that enter the building must be fully vaccinated and will provide proof to the office before they start the day.
- Paul Davis– Internet Safety Expert: Paul will be meeting virtually with our students in grades 5-8 on Oct. 21 during the school day. For parents, we will create a Zoom Meeting invitation and send it home for his presentation the evening of Oct. 21st at 6pm. Having seen his presentation a few times in the past, I would highly recommend being in attendance. He shares some very interesting information.
- The School Day: Each day on the announcements, we discuss with the students our expectations around being kind, courteous, and caring to one another. Students know that they are expected to keep their hands and feet to themselves, and treat everyone the way they would like to be treated. I encourage students to reach out to a teacher if there are any issues during the school day. If at anytime you have a question or concern about your child, please first reach out to your child’s teacher to discuss because often they will have pertinent information and will most likely be able to help solve the problem. I will often reach out to you to provide information about incidents that occur during the school day, especially if there is an injury, or your child is upset about something that has occurred. In an effort to respect your time and schedule, coupled with the seriousness of the event, I also try my best to determine which events can be resolved without a call home.
- Have a great weekend.