Holy Family Weekly Update
Thank you for your goodness and for your blessings over our lives. Forgive us for when we don’t thank you enough, for who you are, for all that you do, for all that you’ve given. We’re so grateful to you for your amazing love and care, for your mercy and grace, for always working on our behalf, even behind the scenes when we’re unaware. Thank you that you are always with us and will never leave us, even through loss and the most difficult of times. Thank you for your incredible sacrifice so that we might have freedom and life. Help us to set our eyes and our hearts on you afresh. Renew our spirits, fill us with Your peace and joy.
We give you thanks and praise.
In Jesus’ Name,
Daily Covid Screening at home:
- Parents and guardians are asked to continue to complete the COVID-19 School Screening Tool for each child every day before leaving home for school: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/school-screening/
- Confirmation of the daily screening DOES NOT HAVE TO BE provided to the classroom teacher. That was a requirement for the first two weeks of the school year for each school in Ontario.
Orange Shirt Day:
- In honour of our commitment to Truth and Reconciliation through Indigenous Education, we will be hosting Orange Shirt Day on September 30th. We recognize the harm residential schools caused to our Indigenous people and we honour those that survived and remember those that did not. Students are invited to wear an Orange shirt and be out of their uniform for the day to honour Indigenous Education. For more information: www.orangeshirtday.org
- Thank you to all parents and guardians that were able to join us for our Virtual Curriculum Night this past Thursday, Sept. 23rd. Please do not hesitate to reach out to your child’s teacher if you have further questions or any concerns.
School Council Meeting:
- Our first school council meeting will be Monday, Oct.4th at 6:30 pm. This meeting will be held virtually. If you would like to be part of school council let Mr. Albani know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Update on Picture Day:
- We are looking forward to students having the opportunity to have pictures taken this fall. Edge Imaging has reserved Oct. 20th for Holy Family, however we are waiting for the School Board and Public Health to give us the go ahead on taking pictures that day. We will keep the date for now and amend with a new date if necessary. Please continue to check our weekly updates for more information.
Opening School Liturgy:
Father Jerry Punnaserry has sent us our opening school liturgy. We will be watching this opening liturgy as a school. Classroom teachers will set aside time on Monday, Sept. 27th and view with their students. If you would like to view the liturgy at home with your family please click on the following link:
Rowan’s Law Day – September 29, 2021
- On Wednesday, September 29, 2021, our school will be recognizing Rowan’s Law Day to raise awareness about concussion safety, and to share Rowan Stringer’s story.
- In May 2013, 17-year-old Rowan died as the result of head injuries sustained in a game of rugby. In March 2018, the Ontario government passed Rowan’s Law, designed to protect athletes and to educate about the dangers of head injuries.
- The health and safety of our students is our top priority, and on September 29th, we hope to increase awareness about the dangers of concussions. Together, we can help our students prevent, recognize and respond to concussions.
Bike Registry Launches in Halton:
- Please open the attachment to learn more about this program.
- Would you like to see some of the great things students are working on in class, and hear about special events that are coming up at school or at the board? Consider following us on Twitter: @HolyFamilyHCDSB. Thanks to the many parents that have started to follow us so far!