Dear Holy Family Catholic School Community,
I am honored to be joining you this year as your new School Principal. I have had the opportunity to work at several schools within the Halton Catholic District School Board over the last twenty-three years and I am very excited to be part of this amazing Catholic School community.
Each week throughout the school year, I will be sending home a Weekly Memo which will include some of the pertinent things that have occurred during the week at Holy Family, and also provide you with updates in regards to important upcoming events occurring at the school. These memos will be posted on our Holy Family website under -(click), “news”, (click), “week at a glance”. We will also send you an email with the weekly memo attached as well.
If you ever have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call me at the school anytime.
The first day of school this year is, Tuesday, Sept. 7th.
Supervision begins on school property at 8:35 am.
First day of school:
- We encourage all parents/guardians to wear a mask if they are escorting their child(ren) onto school property.
- Teachers will be outside, on pavement (with a sign indicating grade), ready to meet their new students beginning at 8:35 am.
- We respectfully ask parents/guardians of students in grades 1-3 to accompany their child onto the back pavement only if necessary, and parents and guardians in grades 4-8 to wait at the fence or perimeter to the back pavement, in order for us to keep the number of people in the yard as low as possible.
- This year, students in JK-8 will continue to wear masks inside the school, unless eating a snack or lunch. Students do not have to wear a mask while outside at recess.
- Your child’s classroom teacher’s name will be made available to you on Friday, Sept. 3rd at 3pm. A link will be sent to your email address.
Entry to School beginning Wednesday, Sept.8th
- After the first day of school we will be changing the way the students enter the building, beginning Wednesday, September 8th.
- Beginning at 8:35 am, once a student arrives at school and on property, they may enter the building using one of the back doors and walk directly to their classroom. A teacher will be “on duty” and supervising classrooms.
- This will reduce the amount of exposure between student cohorts and be a more efficient way to start our day. Once the bell rings at 8:50 am, students will be at their desks ready to start their day and listen to announcements.
- Students will have two, 15-minute Nutrition Breaks during the school day. Both of these breaks will be inside and supervised.
- Your child’s classroom teacher will bring their own class outside. This will occur twice per day and each session will be 15 minutes in length. This has been designed with safety in mind and to keep cohorts/classes most safe.
For our parents/guardians with a child in Kindergarten
The following dates apply for students entering Kindergarten in one of our HCDSB Catholic elementary schools this September, 2021:
Year 1 Kindergarten
- Orientation interviews for Year 1 Kindergarten students will take place on Tuesday, September 7 and Wednesday, September 8, 2021.
- Staggered entry for Year 1 Kindergarten students will take place on Thursday, September 9 and Friday, September 10, 2021.
- An invitation to a virtual meeting with our teachers will be sent to JK parents shortly.
- All Year 1 Kindergarten students will begin Monday, September 13, 2021.
Year 2 Kindergarten
- Orientation interviews for Year 2 Kindergarten students who are new to the school will take place on Tuesday, September 7 and Wednesday, September 8, 2021.
- All Year 2 Kindergarten students will begin school on Thursday, September 9, 2021.
Lunch Time Supervisor needed
- Do you have an extra hour to spend each day 11:50-12:50. If you have a Police Check (vulnerable sector), and would like to supervise one of our classes over the lunch hour please let Mr.Albani know and call the School 905-845-6987. This is a paid position.
- Would you like to be part of School Council this year? We will be sending home nomination forms soon. Please consider being part of School Council this year. Your ideas and opinions can help make the students’ experience even better!
Staff PA days this week- Wednesday, Sept. 1 and Thursday, Sept.2
- Our staff have been busy getting their rooms prepared for Sept.7th
- We will be meeting as a staff September 1st and 2nd and be discussing and taking part in the following:
- Health and Safety Protocols for Staff and Students- Return to School Plan
- School Based priorities
- CRRP- Culturally Responsive and Relevant Pedagogy-removing barriers and increasing student engagement, wellbeing and academic achievement. CRRP aligns with the board’s commitment to supporting all students to Achieve, Believe and Belong and the board’s Equity and Inclusive Education Policy.
- Meeting the Needs of All Learners: Re-engaging Learning for our students
- Staff Liturgy
- Navigating Critical Conversations: Rethinking Common Guidelines to Refocus on anti-racism
- High priority Board Policies- review