The Catholic School Council is the official advisory body to the school’s principal. Their respective duties include:
- Developing, recommending and promoting activities which will enhance the quality of school programs
- Improving the levels of student achievement
- Enhancing the accountability of the education system to parents
Elections are held each September. The Council is comprised of elected and appointed representatives of the school community. Meetings are held at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday evenings.
Council Members for 2020-21
We are blessed with a group of very dedicated and hard-working council members to represent our parent community and act in the best interest of our entire school community! The following parents are members of this year’s Catholic School Council:
- Karen Hill & Karen Lewis – Co-Chairs
- Sarah Egan – Secretary
- Sarah Gibb-Micallef – Parish Rep
- Lynda Adams – Community Rep
- Jennifer Holiday – OAPCE Rep
- Tiffany Bennett – Council Member
- Camille Gagnon – Council Member
- Jeanine Hajdukiewicz – Council Member
- Mike Kirtz – Council Member
- Karen Kirtz – Council Member
- Debbie Reich – Council Member
A special thank you to Mrs. Capostagno who will serve as our Teacher Rep and to Mrs. Rodriguez who will serve as our Non-Teaching Rep.
One of the key roles of Council is fundraising. In past years, generous donations from our parents have allowed the school to fund many school initiatives across all grade levels. Most recently, fundraising contributions have enabled our school to purchase a modernized sound system, technology for every grade (i-pads, Chromebooks and document cameras), Physical Education equipment, outdoor equipment for every class, materials for events (Christmas Family Night, Pancake Tuesday, Graduation) and materials to update our Prayer Garden. We were also able to support Faith-based initiatives that directly helped our own community. This year’s fundraiser will focus on continued enhancement of outdoor equipment, continued updating of the devices that students use, Virtual Assemblies for our students that will focus on well-being, and new educational experiences or needs that may arise during this uncertain year.
Any donation amount is welcome! Even the smallest donation makes a difference, and all donation amounts are confidential. All donations will gladly be received beginning from October 15th and throughout the month of November. The link will remain open until November 30th. Thank you in advance for your contribution!About Our School Council