Good afternoon families,
Terry Fox Walk – Toonie for Terry!
Thank you to Mrs. Capostagno, Mrs. Primeau, Mrs. Drummond our Holy Cross staff, students and families for a wonderful Terry Fox Walk. It was a beautiful day for our walk. We appreciate all the support for this incredible initiative in support of Cancer research! Please note, families can still donate until Monday October 4th using our Cash Online program.
Catholic School Council
Thank you to our Catholic School Council and all the parents who joined us for our first meeting this past week. Our next Council meeting is scheduled for Thursday, November 4th at 6:30 pm. If there are any families that are interested in attending our November meeting, please email Mr. Cacciola and a TEAMs link will be provided closer to the date.
September Virtue Award Winners – Faith
Thank you to our Intermediate Gr. 8 students for leading our September Virtue Assembly. We had the opportunity to celebrate our September Faith Virtue recipients and learn about our October Virtue of Empathy. We also extendcongratulations to all of our Toronto Blue Jay raffle winners! Enjoy your new Toronto Blue Jay t-shirts this weekend as the Jays continue to chase the last playoff Wild Card!
Holy Cross Photo Day
Families are reminded of our school photo day next Tuesday, October 5th. Photo proofs will be sent home in 2 weeks of the photo day. Unfortunately, no class composites will be made available due to COVID
PA Day & Thanksgiving
Families are reminded that Friday, October 8 is a Professional Activity. Staff will be participating in faith centered activities and professional development. There is no school for students on this day. Monday, October 11 is Thanksgiving, no school for students. We will see all students back on Tuesday, October 12.
Attention -Family Information Packages – Family Information/Consent Electronic Form!
We are still in need of all families to complete the Family Information/Consent form electronically. The form may be accessed HERE. The form should take you no longer than 10 minutes to complete. If you already submitted a consent form, no further action is required.
Important Notes Before Completing the Form:
- If you have more than one child enrolled in an HCDSB school, please complete a separate form for each child.
- Only one parent/guardian is required to complete a form for each child.
- You will need your child’s Ontario Education Number (OEN) to submit this form. The OEN can be found on a recent report card.
- Please ensure you are submitting your child’s preferred name or the name you provided at registration.
- The form can be completed using a computer, smart phone, or tablet.
If you experience a problem submitting a form, please use a different browser or different device. If you have tried a different browser and device and are still experiencing issues, please send an email to email@example.com
Daily Confirmation of COVID-19 Self-Screening
Parents and guardians must perform daily screening of their child(ren) for COVID-19 symptoms BEFORE leaving for school using the COVID-19 Self-Assessment.
- Check your child’s temperature to ensure they do not have a fever (temperature greater than 37.8oC)
- Monitor for signs and symptoms (including atypical symptoms) of COVID-19
- If any signs or symptoms, students and other household members must stay home, and school must be contacted.
Please note that if a student or staff member shows signs or symptoms of COVID-19 or has come into close contact with anyone suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19, they cannot come to school. They must self-isolate and be tested for COVID-19.
Have a safe weekend!
Follow us on Twitter – @HolyCrossHCDSB