Good afternoon families,
Terry Fox Walk
Thank you once again to our Holy Cross families for their generous donations. Holy Cross will be donating $500 to the Canadian Cancer Society! Way to go Crusaders!
PA Day & Thanksgiving
Families are reminded that Friday, October 8 is a Professional Activity. Staff will be participating in faith centered activities and professional development. There is no school for students on this day. Monday, October 11 is Thanksgiving, no school for students. We will see all students back on Tuesday, October 12.
Pizza Days are Back!
Pizza lunches will begin on Tuesday October 26th. Our pizza provider is Pizza Pizza. Families can purchase pizza for Term 1 using Cash Online. The last day for pizza orders is Monday, October 18th – unfortunately we cannot add orders past the stated due date. If you would like to order a Gluten pizza option, please contact our main office. Please note that Pizza Pizza is adhering to all COVID protocols and will be packing all pizza slices individually!
Halloween Holy Cross Fundraiser
We are excited to announce our Holy Cross Halloween Fundraiser taking place later this month! This is our major fundraiser for the year, supported and organized by our Catholic School Council. Funds raised will support school base initiatives such as new sports equipment for our gymnasium, a new Graduation Board and updating and replacing technology. More detailed information will be shared next week.
Donating is easy! Simply log in to your School Cash Online Account:
- At the top right-hand corner, click on “Make a Donation.”
- Under “Fund Destination,” please ensure you select HOLY CROSS
- A tax receipt will be emailed directly to you.
Attention -Family Information Packages – Family Information/Consent Electronic Form!
We are still in need of all families to complete the Family Information/Consent form electronically. The form may be accessed HERE. The form should take you no longer than 10 minutes to complete. If you already submitted a consent form, no further action is required.
Important Notes Before Completing the Form:
- If you have more than one child enrolled in an HCDSB school, please complete a separate form for each child.
- Only one parent/guardian is required to complete a form for each child.
- You will need your child’s Ontario Education Number (OEN) to submit this form. The OEN can be found on a recent report card.
- Please ensure you are submitting your child’s preferred name or the name you provided at registration.
- The form can be completed using a computer, smart phone, or tablet.
If you experience a problem submitting a form, please use a different browser or different device. If you have tried a different browser and device and are still experiencing issues, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Daily Confirmation of COVID-19 Self-Screening
Parents and guardians must perform daily screening of their child(ren) for COVID-19 symptoms BEFORE leaving for school using the COVID-19 Self-Assessment.
- Check your child’s temperature to ensure they do not have a fever (temperature greater than 37.8oC)
- Monitor for signs and symptoms (including atypical symptoms) of COVID-19
- If any signs or symptoms, students and other household members must stay home, and school must be contacted.
Please note that if a student or staff member shows signs or symptoms of COVID-19 or has come into close contact with anyone suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19, they cannot come to school. They must self-isolate and be tested for COVID-19.
Wishing our families a safe Thanksgiving weekend!
Follow us on Twitter – @HolyCrossHCDSB