Good afternoon families,
THANK YOU to our community, staff, parents, and students for your cooperation and support in following our new protocols and routines. Everyone’s patience and support is appreciated. Listed below are a few important reminders:
Lunch Supervisor – Holy Cross 2021-2022
We are currently looking for Lunch Supervisors for both our main school area and our kindergarten area – this is a paid position. If you are interested and are available Monday to Friday – 11:30-12:30 and have a current Vulnerable Sectors Criminal Reference Check – please contact our main office 905-877-4451.
Family Information Packages – Family Information/Consent Electronic Form!
As was communicated earlier this week – parents are asked to please complete the Family Information/Consent form electronically. The form may be accessed HERE. The form should take you no longer than 10 minutes to complete. If you already submitted a consent form, no further action is required.
Important Notes Before Completing the Form:
- If you have more than one child enrolled in an HCDSB school, please complete a separate form for each child.
- Only one parent/guardian is required to complete a form for each child.
- You will need your child’s Ontario Education Number (OEN) to submit this form. The OEN can be found on a recent report card.
- Please ensure you are submitting your child’s preferred name or the name you provided at registration.
- The form can be completed using a computer, smart phone, or tablet.
If you experience a problem submitting a form, please use a different browser or different device. If you have tried a different browser and device and are still experiencing issues, please send an email to email@example.com
Daily Confirmation of COVID-19 Self-Screening
The Ministry of Education has directed all schools to implement daily confirmation of COVID self-screening for all elementary students attending school in person. This will be in place for the first two weeks of the school year, unless otherwise directed by the Ministry of Education.
- Parents and guardians are asked to complete the COVID-19 School Screening Tool for each child every day before leaving home for school: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/school-screening/
- Confirmation of the daily screening must be provided to the classroom teacher in one of the following formats:
- Email results to classroom teacher;
- Show “pass” confirmation on a personal device;
- Show printed copy of the screening tool indicating the current date and a “pass”; OR
- Complete Confirmation of Daily COVID-19 Student Screening Log, which your child(ren) bring back and forth to school each day. Please find attached a sample of a screening log that we will be using this school year. Parents can either print their own or the school will provide a copy
Holy Cross Catholic Parent Council
If you are interested in joining our Catholic School Council please complete the nomination form and email it directly to Mr. Cacciola – firstname.lastname@example.org. Nominations will be accepted until Friday, September 17th at 4 pm.
Allergies and Anaphylaxis
We remind all members of our community that we strive to minimize allergens that pose life-threatening symptoms for students. Keeping our students safe is paramount and we ask that parents carefully pack their children’s lunches. We have several students in our school who live with severe life-threatening allergies to peanuts, nuts, seafood and other foods (anaphylaxis). All snack and food items should be nut-free, as well as any particular items that are identified by the classroom teachers (i.e. sesame seeds). Likewise, we ask that no substitute nut spreads (peabutter, wow butter, etc.) be sent to school as they smell and look exactly like peanut butter. Please continue to choose items carefully when sending lunches and snacks to school, keeping in mind specific allergies in your child’s classroom. Please be extra vigilant to avoid sending treats from home for the class. Thank you for your continued cooperation in ensuring the safety of all students. For the health and safety of our students and school community, it is strongly recommended that all elementary students remain at school for the full duration of their lunch periods.
September Letters: ‘Duty to Report’ and ‘Attendance Letter’
Our ‘Duty to Report’ letter outlines our staff’s responsibility to ensure child safety when information is disclosed. The ‘Attendance Letter’ reiterates the importance of attending school. If absences are acquired during the school year, this letter provides some guidance to help support procedures with our school. If you have any specific questions about your child’s day, please reach out and connect with their classroom teacher. We are all here to assist and assure that things are running as smoothly as possible.
Please remember to send in your Medical Packages and Epi Pens/Puffers to the school if you have not done so already. If you require another copy of the Medical Package please contact our main office.
Finally, families are reminded to please take extra caution when driving in our parking lot before and after school. Parents are asked to please be patient as well as be aware of students and their location at all times. Our Kiss & Ride and Bus Zone areas are clearly marked, we ask that no vehicles drive through the bus zone area. Thank you for your continued support.
Wishing everyone a wonderful safe weekend.
Mr. Cacciola – Principal
Follow us on Twitter – @HolyCrossHCDSB