“Prayer is an aspiration of the heart. It is a simple glance directed to Heaven. It is a cry of gratitude and love in the midst of trial as well as joy.”–St. Therese Lisieux
FALL GATHERINGS – A MESSAGE FROM PUBLIC HEALTH
As we head into this Thanksgiving long weekend, it continues to be important that we work together to follow public health measures so that we can ensure a safe and healthy learning environment for all students, families and staff in our school community.
Dr. Hamidah Meghani, Chief Officer of Health for Halton Region has provided the following letter to parents and guardians: https://tinyurl.com/yntmb2b9
As Dr. Meghani noted in her message, we must remain vigilant as we look forward to celebrating the many holidays, seasonal gatherings, festive occasions, and other events in the fall and winter months to help keep our community safe.
Please continue to follow the advice of our Public Health professionals to help minimize the spread of COVID-19 in our community and to protect your loved ones.
A very special thank you for the students and families who brought in items for the Thanksgiving Food Drive to benefit Food4Kids, which supports families in the Guardian Angels School community. This will continue this week, ending on Friday, October 15th. https://www.food4kidshalton.ca/
UPDATED COVID-19 SCREENING
Please note there have been updates made to the Ontario Covid-19 School and Child Care screening, which is expected to be done daily before students come to school, found at: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/school-screening/
1) You must stay home if you have COVID-19 symptoms or are waiting for test results after experiencing symptoms.
2) Everyone in your household (unless they are fully vaccinated) must also stay home until you get a negative COVID-19 test result, or you are cleared by public health, or you are diagnosed with another illness. Get a COVID-19 test (not a rapid antigen test) if you have symptoms of COVID-19 or are a contact of a known COVID-19 case.
3) Anyone who is sick or has any symptoms of illness, including those not listed in this screening tool, should stay home and seek assessment from their health care provider if needed.
CONFIRMATION DATES SET
The Grade 7 and 8 families and students have been given information, including the dates for reception of the Sacrament of Confirmation from Father Jim Petrie. The ceremonies will be held at St. Benedict Parish. Due to Covid-19 limitations, only the student, the sponsor and both parents are the only ones permitted to attend the ceremony.
Monday, November 8, 6:30 pm – Mr. Lucibello and Mr. Stoetzel’s Grade 7 classes
Monday, November 8, 7:30 pm – Mrs. Abdulahad and Ms. Hauzar/Mrs. Cilia’s Grade 7 classes
Tuesday, November 9th, 6:30 pm – Ms. Natale and Mrs. Noventa’s Grade 8 classes
Tuesday, November 9th, 7:30 pm – Mrs. Mills and Ms. Shiu’s Grade 8 classes
There is a registration form which needs to be completed and returned to the school prior to Friday, October 15th. A copy if attached.
CALLING ALL VOLUNTEERS!
We are very happy to share that moving forward, we are permitted to have parents/guardians come into the building to volunteer for selected events.
Please complete the following link if you are interested in volunteering: https://forms.gle/zgixE4BY4EuKBAAb8
Note that you will need:
1) a completed Police Check to be submitted to the school available from Halton Region, including the Vulnerable Sector Screening
2) proof of your double vaccination of Covid-19
* if you have not received your double vaccination, you are still permitted to volunteer at the school if you have meet #1 and you have received a negative result for the rapid antigen test for Covid-19 48 hours before you enter the school. This will be at a cost to you.
* If you have a Police Check on file at the school, you will need to complete and submit the attached Volunteer Criminal Declaration Form to the school indicating that the original Police Check is still valid and accurate. We look forward to your help this upcoming year!
CHANGED RECESS TIMES FOR GRADES 5-8
Please be aware that as of last week we have moved the recess times for the Grades 5-8 students and lunch times for some of the students. The revised times are below:
REMINDER: AGENDAS STILL AVAILABLE FOR SALE
Agendas are still available for purchase at https://hcdsb.schoolcashonline.com/. The Primary and Junior agendas are $4 each and the Intermediate agenda is $1 each.
REMINDER: FAMILY INFORMATION/CONSENT FORMS
If you have not done so yet, we are asking families to complete the Family Information and Consent Forms online. The form can be accessed at: https://laserfiche.hcdsb.org/Forms/parent_consents. The form should take you no longer than 10 minutes to complete. If you already submitted a consent form, no further action is required.
If you have more than one child enrolled in an HCDSB school, please complete a separate form for each child.
Only one parent/guardian is required to complete a form for each child. You will need your child’s Ontario Education Number (OEN) to submit this form. The OEN can be found on a recent report card. Please ensure you are submitting your child’s preferred name or the name you provided at registration. The form can be completed using a computer, smart phone, or tablet.
Information Access and Protection of Privacy: The Halton Catholic District School Board (HCDSB) is committed to protecting the right to privacy for students, staff, and families. Personal information is collected under the authority of the Education Act and in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA). For more information, visit our HCDSB website.
Technical Issues: If you experience a problem submitting a form, please use a different browser or different device. If you have tried a different browser and device and are still experiencing issues, please send an email to email@example.com
RED CROSS and KIDS SAFETY FIRST COURSE
Please see the attached download for courses on Kids First Aid and Babysitting being offered from students as young as Grade 2.
ST. BENEDICT MASS TIMES
Saint Benedict Parish Mass times are as follows:
- Saturday afternoons at 5:00 pm
- Sunday mornings at 9:00 am, 10:30 am and 12:00 noon
Churches are permitted to celebrate Masses and other liturgies at capacity with social distancing. This roughly works out to 250 people in the church. The ‘first-come, first-served’ approach to attendance at Mass will continue. However, once capacity is reached, the doors will be locked and no one will be allowed in the building after this point.
Health protocols remain in place which means that social distancing of six feet between different social bubbles and face masks are mandatory in the church.
If you are unwell, please do not come to Mass. Please watch Mass on television or on the internet. One option is the parish livestreamed Mass which happens on Saturdays at 5:00 pm and is uploaded onto the parish YouTube channel for viewing the entire week. The parish YouTube channel link is: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvwxxAJqkkVF7rAMBULIwtg/featured