We are looking forward to welcoming our Grade 1-8 students starting tomorrow with the last names A-F.
A reminder that for those children attending face-to-face in school, parents are able to now log onto the HCDSB website using their child’s OEN, to check their child’s class placement.
As per Director Daly’s email to Parents, due to the timing and complexity of the process this year, we will not be able to accommodate any requests for changes to class placements.
Staggered entry for face-to-face learners:
- Wednesday, September 9: A-F Gr. 1-8 / Kindergarten Interviews
- Thursday, September 10: G-N Gr. 1-8 / SK Students Only
- Friday, September 11: O-Z Gr. 1-8 / SK and 1/2 JK Students
- Monday, September 14: ALL Grade 1-8 students / SK and remaining 1/2 JK Students
- Tuesday, September 15: Full School in attendance Gr. JK-8
Entry procedures each day of the 1st week:
1) For all Grade 7 and 8 students, and all students in portables, the students will proceed directly to their classroom between 8:15 am – 8:30 am where they will be met by their teacher. Grade 7 and 8 students are to use door number 5 at the west side of the school where staff will direct them.
2) For the remaining classrooms, the students will form lines on the back pavement according to the map on the next page, behind their classroom teacher’s name between 8:15 am – 8:30 am. The students are reminded to remain socially distanced and wear their masks. Teachers will greet students and escort them into the building.
3) Kindergarten students will proceed straight to their Kindergarten Yard and into class beginning at 8:15.
Ms. Freitas/Ms. Goddard & Ms. Fagnani/Ms. Capobianco (Front Yard)
Ms. Sutton (Back West Yard)
Ms. Demianiuk/Ms. Lima (Back East Yard)
*We respectfully ask that only one parent/guardian bring their child(ren) to school to ensure social distancing and the safety of everyone. The pavement area will be accessible to parent and child to find their proper location and teacher. Staff will be present to assist this process.
**At the end of the day, the routine will work in the same: 1 parent/guardian will be permitted on the pavement area to meet their child(ren) in their class line.
NOTE: Students registered for remote/online instruction will not be attending our school in-person on the gradual return days between September 9 -11, 2020. These days are set aside for students who will be returning for in-class instruction, to review the health and safety protocols that will be in place in our school. Their 1st day is Monday, September 14th. Further communication is forthcoming.
- Parents will not have access to the inside of the school at any time during the day.
- Ensure all children have a packed lunch, a water bottle and a mask (a mask will be provided if nec.)
- Hand sanitizer will be provided by the school throughout the day.
- Buses will not be running until Monday, September 14th