Those who listen to instruction will prosper; those who trust the Lord will be joyful.
Third Week of Advent
This Sunday is the third Sunday of Advent and represents Joy. The spirit of joy that begins this week comes from the words of Paul, “The Lord is near.” This joyful spirit is marked by the third candle of our Advent wreath, which is rose-coloured, and the rose coloured vestments often used at the Eucharist. We are reminded that we are called to be joyful disciples this season. We are joyful in spirit as we engage in many activities that help our students understand this calling. We extend this calling to our families and members of our community to join with us in our Advent festivities.
Advent Outreach Initiatives
The Guardian Angels Gift Card Initiative runs until Monday. We kindly ask that you attach the receipt (with tape) to the gift card and send it to school on Monday. Thank you to those who have already donated a gift card for those in need in our community this Christmas season.
Christmas Craft Night
Christmas Craft Night was a huge success! A special thank you to parents on the Christmas Craft Night Committee; Mrs. Walters, Mrs. Plati, students from PALS, Mr. Stoetzel and his Grade 7 students, the students from Jean Vanier Secondary School and Mrs. Brum-Rego (who was instrumental in organizing this event). Thank you for all your help! Many people came together to make this evening possible and so much fun!
Kindergarten Christmas Concert
We look forward to our Kindergarten Christmas Concert on Tuesday, December 17th. Doors open at 9:30 a.m. and again at 1:00 p.m. Year 1 and Year 2 parents and/or guardians, please don’t forget to return the attendance form to your child’s educator team by Monday, December 16. The concert on Dec. 17th is for adults ONLY! Siblings will not be attending the concert on the 17th, as all students will be seeing the concert on Monday. We look forward to seeing you!
Health and Safety Tips and Reminders
- Recess Times for Children Who Are Unwell: If your child is not well enough to go outside during recess times and over the lunch hour, then your child is not well enough to be at school. Supervision is not available for children who need to stay in at the request of parents when a child is under the weather. Best to keep your child home for their sake and everyone else’s when they are unwell. Thank you for your understanding regarding this matter.
- Children Absent from School: Please do not forget to report your child’s absence when he/she is unable to attend school, especially when absent for multiple days due to family holidays. Be sure to report your child’s absence using the SafeArrival system.
- Supervision starts at 8:15 a.m. For the safety of all students, please ensure your children do not come onto school property prior to 8:15 a.m.
- Dismissal is at 3:00 p.m. Parents, please refrain from coming onto school property before this time. Parents or other adults should not be on the back pavement area before or after school as student safety is our number one priority! Please understand that our staff or our supply teachers can’t know all parents, grandparents or caregivers and therefore, any other adult other than staff must be thought of as being a potential stranger. Only staff and students should be in these areas. Pets are not permitted on school property.
- Parking Lot Concerns: Please always drive with caution, especially when you are in the vicinity of our school! Please do not park your vehicle in the Kiss and Ride; it is meant for you to safely drop your child off, then for you to continue driving towards the exits. Parked vehicles are not permitted in the Kiss and Ride!
- In addition, please avoid driving your vehicle in the bus lanes at the front of the school. This area is for buses only or fire trucks in case of an emergency.
- ‘Products that contain or ‘may contain peanuts/tree nuts’ are not to be brought onto school property.
- We are a SCENT SENSITIVE SCHOOL – please refrain from wearing perfume or scented products to ensure the health of everyone.
This is a parents only event, as school age siblings will have already attended the dress rehearsal performance.