“Like a good mother, Mother Mary is close to us, so that we may never lose courage before the adversities of life”
Wishing ALL of our AMAZING Canadian Martyrs’ Moms a Very Special Mother’s Day!!!
Please join us in congratulating Nicole F in Gr. 8, who is this year’s recipient of the Student Award of Excellence! Each year across Halton, a graduating student from gr. 8 and gr. 12 from each school are recognized for their commitment to excellence in Catholic Education as well as their Leadership. Nicole captures these qualities in her humble demeanour and always strives to include and support others. Thank you Nicole for your leadership!
Thank you to all of our students & families for your participation in Catholic Education Week! It was wonderful to see the many ways in which we can “Ignite Hope” in our community!
Today is the HCDSB Staff Appreciation Day ~ Thank you to our INCREDIBLE Staff for EVERYTHING you do for our students and their families! AND Thank you to our students and their families for the MANY messages of Appreciation today!
Thank you to our gr. 2 students for your special video message to Father Ed in celebrating his 25th Anniversary of his Ordination! AND a very special Thank you to Mrs. Shaw & Mrs. Ferguson for organizing this! https://youtu.be/NwPasY3h8FQ
Thank you to Ms. Bell for sharing the many ways in which we can look after our Mental Health!
Thank you to all of our families who continue to support the Burlington “Front Porch Clap” in support of our essential workers! Please remember to show your support each Friday evening at 7pm ~ TOGETHER Let’s make some NOISE & show our appreciation!!!
Praying the Rosary
Father Ed has shared that Pope Francis calls all Catholics to pray the Rosary Daily in the Month of May. Please find the following link on our school website to support your family with this request: https://elem.hcdsb.org/canadianmartyrs/2020/04/praying-the-rosary-in-the-month-of-may/
Halton Catholic District School Board – Resources for families in Halton During Covid-19 outbreak *Information gathered from ROCK and Halton region Covid-19 resource
• Will remain open for usual food bank hours 9am-11:30am each weekday morning
• Waived the 21 day return policy, so clients can visit as often as is necessary
• Pre-packed grocery bags
• Health screening questions will be asked
• 5040 Mainway, Unit 9 Burlington, 905-637-3893
Burlington Food Bank
• Food bank will shift to a “hamper model’ (prepackaged)
• Only 3 clients will be allowed in the Food Bank at any one time
Shifting to home deliveries as of March 23
• Health screening questions
• 1254 Plains RD E, Unit 1A Burlington
• Call 905-637-2273 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours Monday and Wed 12 noon-2pm
• Food support available only (non-perishable food grab bags)
• Only food donations being accepted
• Clothing and household donations not accepted for the next 3 weeks
• 484 Plains Rd, E. Burlington
Burlington Churches Providing Food Support:
Wellington Square United Church
* Friday Night Community Dinner is not running, but take home meal bags can be picked up Mon, Wed, and Fri 12 noon-4 pm
* anyone interested in donating food or volunteering or anyone in need of some support is encouraged to contact Co-ordinator Lisa Lunski at email@example.com
* 2121 Caroline St, Burlington
* see website for updates
Compass Point Bible Church
* Food bank is operating with its regular hours
* food is pre-bagged
* moving to delivery service after Mar 28 until further notice
* supported by direct donations from church attendees and community donations
* contact 905-336-0500 or see website for more information
St. Luke’s Anglican
* Food for Life prepackage grocery bags, Tue, 11:30 am
* prepackaged Community Lunch meals available at 12 noon on the first, third and fifth Wed of each month
* 1382 Ontario St.
Faith Christian Reformed Church
* Food for Life prepackage grocery bags
* 2265 Mountainside Dr.
* Tue 7 pm
Brant Hills Presbyterian
* Food for Life prepackage grocery bags
* 2138 Brant St.
Promoting Well-Being: Resources for Mental Health Week
Thank you to all of our families for supporting Mental Health Week and Participating in the Daily Challenges! Please find the following Resources for further support:
- School Mental Health Ontario: www.smho-smso.ca
- Halton Catholic District School Board: Learn at Home: www.learnathome.hcdsb.org
- Self Care 101 Tips https://smho-smso.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Self-Care-101.pdf
Mental Health Resources serving Halton:
- ROCK Reach Out Centre for Kids (24/7) 905-878-8555
- Distress Centre Halton (Burl) 905681-1488 (Oak) 905-849-4541 (Halton Hills) 905-877-1211
- Kids Help Phone 1-800-668-6868 Text 686868
- Halton Regional Police for emergencies 911
- Halton Regional Police for non-emergencies 905-825-4777
“The loveliest masterpiece of the heart of God is the heart of a mother.”
~ St. Therese of Lisieux
Please Follow us on Twitter @CMartyrsHCDSB & consider tweeting out/sharing pictures of your family learning & spending time together ~ We MISS our students faces and the laughter & joy in our hallways & classrooms!