“Love of God and love of neighbour should be the two cornerstones of our lives.”
Thank you for your continued patience as we work together with Board Personal & Public Health to devise a plan in which access to the building will be permitted to retrieve student belongings. Please continue to monitor your email for further information.
Thank you to all of our families who continue to support the Burlington “Front Porch Clap” in support of our essential workers! Please remember to show your support each Friday evening at 7pm ~ TOGETHER Let’s make some NOISE & show our appreciation!!!
Invitation from X-Movement
Our community thoroughly enjoyed our X-Movement :Dance Event in October 2018! They have just offered our community access to X Movement.tv AND it’s FREE! They have recently launched their online platform full of health and wellness resources for PARENTS and TEACHERS and we are inviting your community to join for free. Currently over 5000 parents have joined them online!!
It’s easy to get started:
1. Go to this website: http://xmovement.tv/
2. Click: “Start Your Free Trial”
3. Select: “Family and Friends Membership”
4. Enter your details (no CC required)
5. When at Check-out – use this coupon code to activate the discount: CanadianMartyrsHCDSBgift
Join the 24 Hour Fast – June 3-4.
Similar to a Walk-a-thon, people would:
- Join our Canadian Martyrs’ Team and donate at:
- Ask friends/family to sponsor, if they are able
- Fast on June 3-4. Fast from Electronics, Social Media, Food, Sugar or something else.
- Start at the time you want i.e. AM or PM
- Just go about your day at home or work (for most people these days, that’s one in the same)
Thank you for your consideration, support and generosity!
Canadian Martyrs Idol ~ Talent Show
Our staff our very busy planning and can’t wait to see our talented students submissions! Please remember the following information regarding our upcoming Talent Show:
- Auditions may be submitted by students in grades 1 through 8.
- Record a 45 second audition piece. We ask that you are dressed in the costume you will wear for the final performance, as well as using the song you wish to use for your performance, in your audition piece. No changes to music will be permitted once the audition piece has been accepted.
Please Note: all costumes and songs must be school appropriate and may not contain any offensive content or language.
3. All auditions must be emailed to both MauroS@hcdsb.org and FerreiraA@hcdsb.org by May 31st, 2020.
4. The number of acts admitted to the final show will depend on the number of auditions that are received. We may not be able to accept everyone for the talent show; you will only be contacted if your audition has been selected to move forward.
3. Once contacted, you will film your final performance. We ask that you keep acts to no more than 3 minutes in length, if possible.
Dates for final submissions will be communicated at a later date.
Parents Please Note: by submitting a video for the talent show, you give Canadian Martyrs permission to post your child’s performance on the Canadian Martyrs YouTube channel for anyone to access/view.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Ms. Mauro or Mrs. Ferreira via email at the addresses provided above.
We are looking forward to seeing everyone’s amazing talent this year!
Literacy & Math Summer Programs
The Halton Catholic District School Board’s Thomas Merton Centre for Continuing Education is pleased to be offering Literacy and Math Summer Programs for Grades 6, 7, and 8 students from July 6 – July 17, 2020 (Session 1) and July 20 – July 31, 2020 (Session 2).
Please note that due to the current COVID-19 situation, the health and well-being of our students continues to remain our highest priority. All Session 1 and Session 2 classes will be offered in a distance (e-learning) format this summer. NOTE: Teachers will be committed to providing an engaging educational experience and interactive lessons in a virtual format to review the past school year, in preparation for next year. Educators will provide live and/or pre-recorded lessons for all students. For program details, please review the following information sheet: Literacy and Math Distance Learning Summer Programs
New this year ~ online registration is available for Session 1 and 2. You may register your child for one or both sessions by filling out the following online form: Summer Distance Learning
Praying the Rosary
Father Ed has shared that Pope Francis calls all Catholics to pray the Rosary Daily in the Month of May. Please find the following link on our school website to support your family with this request: https://elem.hcdsb.org/canadianmartyrs/2020/04/praying-the-rosary-in-the-month-of-may/
Promoting Well-Being: Bike Safety
Cycling is a fun and healthy activity, it’s a low-cost way to get around, and it’s good for the planet. Cyclists have to share the road with cars, pedestrians and other cyclists.
Before you head out on a bike, learn the rules of the road, helmet information and safety tips for cyclists of all ages.
As recommended by Parachute Canada:
- Always wear a helmet. Properly worn, it can reduce the risk of serious head injury by up to 80%. Know and follow the 2V1 Rule.
- Be prepared. Know the rules of the road.
- Check your ride. A fun and safe cycling experience starts with a properly equipped bicycle.
- Be a role model. Set a good example and practice safety together.
The Ministry of Transportation’s Young Cyclist Guide has additional information on riding tips to keep you safe while cycling.
Please Follow us on Twitter @CMartyrsHCDSB & consider tweeting out/sharing pictures of your family learning & spending time together ~ We MISS our students faces and the laughter & joy in our hallways & classrooms!