“Let us ask for the grace to open our eyes & hearts to the poor in order to hear their cry and recognize their needs”
Thank you to ALL of our parents & students for your participation, smiles and support during our Student Led Conferences!
Thank you Mrs. Spence-Smith for organizing the Book Fair, it was a great success!
Thank you to all of our families who have been able to support our Giving Tree & Winter Clothing Drive for those in need~ We are blessed to live in such a generous community!
Thank you to our families who were able to donate Lego for our Maker’s Space! Please note we are still accepting donations ~ thank you for your consideration!
United Way~ Paint the Town RED
Friday , November 29th will be ‘Paint the Town Red’ Day. We are encouraging all of our students to wear red and bring a toonie to support The United Way. Toonie’s will be collected in class on Friday morning. ~Thank you for your support with this important organization!
Winter Lunch Basket Orders
Winter Lunch Basket order form is now available on-line for the period of December 18th – April 1st. All orders are due November 28th. Please refer to the email sent on Thursday, November 21st for further information.
Dogs & Pets on School Property
This is a gentle reminder regarding dogs on school property. We kindly request that you please keep all pets off school property before, after & during school hours. Please note the concern for safety restricting dogs/pets from school sites is in the best interest of the broadest cross-section of the school community. Furthermore, this restriction attends to the obligation principals have to pay assiduous attention to the health and comfort of all their pupils. (Education Act S.265, (1j)). Board Senior Administration supports such a practice. Thank you for your understanding & support!
Thank you to all those families who have returned their forms for tickets for our upcoming Christmas Concerts! Please note that we must adhere to Fire Regulations therefore we are providing 2 tickets for each student~ Thank you for your support & understanding! Our Concert Dates are as follows: Wednesday, December 11th(@10:00am Gr. 3- 6 with Gr. 7/8 Instrumental & Choir Performances & @1:15pm KDG to Gr.2 with Gr. 7/8 Instrumental & Choir ) and Thursday, December 12th (@10:00am KDG- Gr. 2 with Gr. 7/8 Instrumental & Choir & @1:15pm Gr. 3-6 with Gr. 7/8 Instrumental & Choir Performances)
Joy Day Volunteers
If you are interested in volunteering for Joy Day (the morning of Wednesday, December 18th), & have a current please check with vulnerable screening on file in the office, please refer to the following information from our volunteer committee:
We’re using SignUp.com (the leading online SignUp and reminder tool) to organize our upcoming SignUps for Joy Day. Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1) Click this link to see our SignUps on SignUp.com: https://can01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsignup.com%2Fgo%2FoOFXROG&data=02%7C01%7CCronin-NowitskyL%40hcdsb.org%7C6d335e80bb9f496a343908d76ede0bef%7C2537ab7d25bd498aa6427c135779e6d2%7C1%7C0%7C637099772274133769&sdata=wGIlrVSas%2FOCDBNZXrVpkoDz44AvcSbwe7IZ2IKJLr0%3D&reserved=0
2) Review the SignUps listed and choose the one(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It’s Easy – you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com.
Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone.
Thank you ~ Canadian Martyrs Catholic School Council
Notre Dame invites you to STEAM DAY
STEAM is an acronym for Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math, and our upcoming STEAM day focuses on these areas, showcasing fun and interactive activities for elementary students to explore what we do before coming into secondary school. The event will take place on Saturday, November 30 from 9:45 am to 12:00 pm at Notre Dame CSS in Burlington. It will include refreshments, 12 club led activities as well as a seminar and Q&A panel for parents focusing on ways to bring STEAM into their homes, hosted by the STEAM executive.
St. Paul Parish News October-November 2019
A reminder to all Grade 7 parents and students that Confirmation Enrollment Masses begin at the end of the month starting November 30th and December 1st as well as December 7th & 8th. Students will be given Enrollment Promise forms this month during parish team visits.
Promoting Well-being – Social Media
Instant messaging, social media, text messaging, e-mail, gaming and more are all ways the Internet has made it easy for young people to stay in touch with each other.
Most interactions are fun and positive, but problems arise when the technology that is supposed to bring people together is used instead to harass, humiliate, intimidate and threaten others. This is otherwise known as cyberbullying(external link).
Set family guidelines and rules for online behaviour. Here are a few tips:
- Talk to your child about internet safety. Discuss online high-risk behaviour and create “what if” scenarios together to help your child recognize dangerous situations and practice responses.
- Set up online accounts with your child and ensure no personal information is used. Know your child’s screen names and passwords.
- Participate with your child online. Let your child teach you what they know.
- Monitor your child’s computer use by keeping the computer in a busy area of your home.
- Regularly check your child’s “followers” for new and unknown names.
- Encourage your child to think how they would feel if they were the target of cyber bullying.
Please follow us @CMartyrsHCDSB, to view learning in our community as well as some great community and parent information.