“Help one another, this is what Jesus teaches us. This is what I do. And I do it with my heart.”
Thank you to all of our families that were able to support our Paint the Town Red Day for United Way!
Thank you to ALL of our parents for your support & patience in our school parking lot, both the mornings and afternoons have seen great improvements!!!
Thank you to all of our families who have been able to support our Giving Tree & Winter Clothing Drive for those in need~ We are blessed to live in such a generous community! Please note, all Giving Tree Gifts are due Monday, December 2nd, this will allow us enough time for delivery.
Thank you to our families who were able to donate Lego for our Maker’s Space! Please note we are still accepting donations ~ thank you for your consideration!
Thank you to our AMAZING staff & students who have been preparing for our upcoming Christmas Concert for our parents to enjoy & make some wonderful memories!
“Come, Lord Jesus, Come.”
First Week of Advent
Jesus, you came to us as a baby, helpless and small.
Help us to see a call to quiet and stillness in your smallness.
Stay close to our hearts today, as we go about our busy lives,
and give us the gift of your peace.
The 1st Sunday of Advent – December 1, 2019 symbolizes Hope, reminding us that Jesus is coming. Our School Advent Mass will be this coming Thursday, December 5th @1:15pm, followed by our OCGE Recognition for students who are ‘Effective Communicators’, all parents are welcome!
First Reconciliation ~ Gr. 2
Our Gr. 2 students will be receiving the Sacrament of Reconciliation on Thursday, December 5th at St. Paul the Apostle Church @ 6:30 pm. A very special thank you to Mrs. Ferguson, Mrs. Shaw and our parish team for preparing our students for this day. Please keep our gr. 2 students in your prayers.
Please note on Friday, December 20th all schools in Halton will be Dismissed Early. Our students will be dismissed @2pm. Busses will be following this schedule, please ensure that you have made the necessary arrangements to meet your child. ~ Thank you!
St. Paul Parish News October-November 2019
A reminder to all Grade 7 parents and students that Confirmation Enrollment Masses begin at the end of the month starting November 30th and December 1st as well as December 7th & 8th. Students will be given Enrollment Promise forms this month during parish team visits.
Inclement Weather Reminder
Please refer to the HCDSB website for the Inclement Weather procedure & info on school emergency closures & bus cancellations. https://www.hcdsb.org/Parents/Closures/Pages/default.aspx
Inclement Weather Days ~School Entry
Please note on mornings when we need to go to our inclement duty schedule, students will be able to enter the school building @ 8:45am using Door 6 (by the KDG gate) or Door 2 (primary junior door).
Dogs & Pets on School Property
This is a gentle reminder regarding dogs on school property. We kindly request that you please keep all pets off school property before, after & during school hours. Please note the concern for safety restricting dogs/pets from school sites is in the best interest of the broadest cross-section of the school community. Furthermore, this restriction attends to the obligation principals have to pay assiduous attention to the health and comfort of all their pupils. (Education Act S.265, (1j)). Board Senior Administration supports such a practice. Thank you for your understanding & support!
We will be offering a Milk Program in the New Year for interested parents and students. Please look for more details in an upcoming Weekly Update. Thank you to our awesome parent volunteer for organizing this for our school community!
Thank you to all those families who have returned their forms for tickets for our upcoming Christmas Concerts! Please note that we must adhere to Fire Regulations therefore we are providing 2 tickets for each student~ Thank you for your support & understanding!
Our Concert Dates are as follows:
Wednesday, December 11th
@10:00am ~ yellow ticket Gr. 3- 6 with Gr. 7/8 Instrumental & Choir
@1:15pm ~red ticket KDG to Gr.2 with Gr. 7/8 Instrumental & Choir
Thursday, December 12th
@10:00am~cream ticket KDG- Gr. 2 with Gr. 7/8 Instrumental & Choir
@1:15pm~white ticket Gr. 3-6 with Gr. 7/8 Instrumental & Choir
*Please note we will be opening up our playground area in the back of the school for parents to park in during the concert.
Joy Day Volunteers
If you are interested in volunteering for Joy Day (the morning of Wednesday, December 18th), & have a current please check with vulnerable screening on file in the office, please refer to the following information from our volunteer committee:
We’re using SignUp.com (the leading online SignUp and reminder tool) to organize our upcoming SignUps for Joy Day. Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1) Click this link to see our SignUps on SignUp.com: https://can01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsignup.com%2Fgo%2FoOFXROG&data=02%7C01%7CCronin-NowitskyL%40hcdsb.org%7C6d335e80bb9f496a343908d76ede0bef%7C2537ab7d25bd498aa6427c135779e6d2%7C1%7C0%7C637099772274133769&sdata=wGIlrVSas%2FOCDBNZXrVpkoDz44AvcSbwe7IZ2IKJLr0%3D&reserved=0
2) Review the SignUps listed and choose the one(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It’s Easy – you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com.
Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone.
Thank you ~ Canadian Martyrs Catholic School Council
Promoting Well-Being – Free Ways to Enhance Your Well-Being
- The good news is health and wellness doesn’t discriminate and is available for all levels of income. The following suggestions are for anyone interested in strengthening one’s well being—without weakening the wallet…
- The trick with laughter is it can’t be forced but when it comes organically it can connect people and diffuse stress, anger, and other negative emotions. An examination of laughter, by Dr. Robert Povine, a neuroscientist, concluded that laughter influences intimacy with others. In fact, he found that the amount of laughter in women indicated the health of their relationships. Laughter can increase the good hormones and decrease the bad. It can decrease heart rate and blood pressure while increasing the strength of the immune system.
- As we move from youth to middle age, the inclination to laugh or play decreases significantly. The good news is we can change this and make an effort to laugh more often. Through funny movies, hanging with funny people, or whatever we need to do to seek it out, adding laughter to one’s healthy tool box is another freeway to achieve a great level of emotional and physical health (and that’s something to laugh at).
Please follow us @CMartyrsHCDSB, to view learning in our community as well as some great community and parent information.