“Let us ask our Lord to help us understand that love is service, love means taking care of others”
We hope you and your family are enjoying a wonderful summer and getting ready for the start of the new school year!
Class Placements for Students in Grade 1-8
Student placements will be available at 9:00a.m. on Friday, August 30th. Please follow the link from the HCDSB website to Canadian Martyrs’ CES to access the information. You will need your child’s OEN number which is available on the June report card.
Please follow these steps to access this information:
- Click on school tab-school listing
- Click on Elementary school placement
- Enter OEN, click search
- Your child’s name, school year and placement will be displayed
Please do not call into the school requesting the OEN number as this information can not be shared over the phone. For families new to Ontario and new to the school, please come into the school after 9:00a.m on Friday, August 30th and your child’s placement information will be shared with you.
Students with Medical Conditions
Medical conditions were provided to families in June so that individual student information and medical plans can be updated for the start of the school year. Please drop off updated medical packages and medication to the main office, during the week of August 26th -30th.
If your children take the school bus to and from school, the Halton Student Transportation website is updated, and you can access their bus route with their OEN number.
First Day Gathering
On Tuesday, September 3, Grade 1 – 8 classes will gather on the back pavement in designated areas. All classroom teachers will be out to greet the students.
Kindergarten Entry Procedures – September 2019
The entry procedures for Kindergarten ( Year 1 JK, Year 2 SK) students will be as follows:
Tuesday, September 3rd, 2019 – Student/Parent Interviews for Year 1 students and Year 2 students ‘NEW’ to Canadian Martyrs Catholic School.
Wednesday, September 4th, 2019 – Student/Parent Interviews for Year 1 students and Year 2 students ‘NEW’ to Canadian Martyrs Catholic School continued.
Thursday, September 5th, 2019 – Staggered entry for Year 1 students and full entry for Year 2 students.
Friday, September 6th, 2019 – Staggered entry for Year 1 students and full entry for Year 2 students.
Monday, September 9th, 2019 – Full entry for all Year 1 & 2 students.
If you have any questions about this process please contact the Main Office beginning Monday, August 26th through Friday August 30th between 9:00am and 3:00pm
Welcome Back BBQ & Celebration of Learning
Our annual Welcome Back BBQ and Celebration of Learning will be on Thursday, September 12th from 5:00–7:30 p.m. Please see Cash on Line, as of September 1st, to place your families orders. Please mark your calendars. We hope you can join us!
Promoting Well Being
As summer is coming to an end and back-to-school season begins, getting back into routines is important for children and families. Some tips to help with a smooth transition:
- Have a positive attitude and reinforce the positive aspects of going back to school to help build your child’s excitement for school.
- Establish routines that provide consistency and structure at home. Consistent bedtime, wake up time, morning and nighttime routines decreases stress for children so that they know what to expect.
- Think about technology and how you want your child to use it during the school year.
- Let your child do what they are capable of doing for themselves. Children are capable of handling more responsibility as they get older. Delegating tasks they can handle helps children become more independent later. kidshealth.org
Please Follow us on Twitter @CMartyrsHCDSB to see all of the wonderful “happenings” in our school community!