“Saying ‘yes’ to the Lord means having the courage to embrace life with love as it comes.”
A very special CONGRATULATIONS to our Graduates!!!! Thank you for sharing your gifts and talents with our school. Your leadership has enriched the lives of all members of the Canadian Martyrs Catholic School Community, and for that we are truly grateful!
Congratulations to the following students for receiving the OCGE Recognition of being a “Responsible Citizen”; Avery P, Juliet W., Madison S., & Sam G. Thank you for your right judgement, helping those in need and making a difference in our school community!
The end of the school year is a time of Transition for both our students and staff. We would like to thank the following staff for their dedication & contributions to our school community; Mrs. Beaudoin, Mrs. Wright, Mrs. DiStefano, Ms. Shamin, Mr. McLaughlin, Ms. Foderaro, Mr. Largy, Ms. Micheli, Mrs. Marino, Ms. Dorigiola, Ms. Piccolotto, and Mr. Schmitz. We would also like to say goodbye to all those students and families that will be moving over the summer. We wish you well on your new adventures!
Thank you to our choir for your support at Graduation~ your gift of song greatly enhanced our celebration!
Thank you to ALL the staff that attended graduation, including our retirees and former staff ~ what a testament to our community!
Thank you to Mrs. Ciarloni, Mr. Murray, Mr. Schmitz, Madame Pietrantoni, Madame Di Pronio and Ms. Sek for organizing a memorable Graduation!
Thank you to Mrs. Ciaroloni for organizing the “End of the Year” Slide Show!
Thank you to all of our amazing students who shared their gifts with our community during our Talent Show!
Thank to the many staff who organized the talent show for all!
Thank you to ALL of our staff for the love and support that you provide to ALL of our students each and everyday!
Thank you parents for trusting your children with us, they are a source of great joy!
Have a Safe & Happy Summer! Please remember to enjoy this special time with your loved ones!
Medical Conditions – Parent/Guardian Packages
Given that the school year is drawing to a close, please assist us by addressing the following items:
- If we currently hold medication for your child, please note that it must be picked up by dismissal (2:00 p.m.) on Friday, June 28, 2019. We do not store medications over the summer.
Medication or any other medical apparatus (i.e. AeroChamber ®, EpiPen ®),
which is not picked up will be sent home with your child at dismissal.
For safety reasons, please immediately inspect your child’s backpack for medications upon arrival at home.
- We are sending home health care forms for the 2019-2020 school year. Please complete the forms. The completed forms MUST be completed and returned to the school during the week of August 26, 2019. Please DO NOT return the new forms package prior to the end of the current school year (June 28, 2019).
With these completed forms, please provide:
- Updated medication for the 2019-2020 school year in a Ziploc® bag that is clearly labeled with your child’s name.
- For PRESCRIBED medications, complete MEDS.1-P form (Request and Consent for the Administration of Prescribed Medication) PRIOR to your child’s first day in September 2019.
Please understand that at the beginning of the school year, parents assume complete responsibility for the administration of the medications their children require until such time as all of the requirements of #2 above are satisfied in full.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation regarding the safe provision of medication and the information pertaining to your child. Their safety, and the safety of all other students, is our priority.
Halton Student Transportation Services (HSTS) would like to inform you of a few items before the end of the school year:
- If you are moving over the summer and know your new address please make sure you provide the information to your child’s school before the end of June 2019. If your child(ren) are eligible for transportation from your new address, transportation will automatically be arranged over the summer.
- Parents/guardians of students who are currently transported under the Courtesy Seat procedure may submit their online application for the 2019-20 school year now. Applications are accepted until September 30th and will be reviewed through the month of October.
- 2019-20 transportation schedules will be available starting August 19, 2019 by visiting www.haltonbus.ca
- If your child is graduating or you are moving out of Halton Region over the summer, you can cancel your email subscription here.
- Follow us on Twitter @haltonschoolbus to keep informed of important transportation information, safety messages and inclement weather updates.
- HSTS offices are open all summer Monday – Thursday 8:00 – 4:00. Contact us at email@example.com.
SEPTEMBER 2019 OPENING PROCEDURES: Tuesday, Sept. 3 – Back to School! Parents are asked to review the procedures for looking up their child’s class placement for September. Please Note: All elementary student class placements will become live on Friday, August 30, 2019. Parents will need your child’s OEN number which is found at the top of their report card. Follow these steps to access this information:
- Click on school tab-school listing
- Click on Elementary school placement
- Enter OEN, click search
- Your child’s name, school year and placement will be displayed
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL: Grade 1-8 students and parents proceed to the pavement area (between 8:45-8:55 am) where they will meet their teachers and placements will be confirmed. Please note, all lists are tentative until after the first couple of weeks of school as numbers can change. Kindergarten students will have a staggered entry and do not begin on the First Day of school as the Teachers and ECE’s will be taking part in interviews. More info to follow.
Promoting Well-Being – 10 Tips to Make This the Best Summer Ever with Your Family
Summer lives in our imaginations throughout the year because it nourishes our souls. The warmth…. the fun… the sheer deliciousness. But mostly, the luxury of time, unbounded by school. Time to explore, to make new friends, to lie on your back and watch the clouds billow. The vivid aliveness and freedom of a child’s summers can change her forever.
Does this sound like the summer your child is having? Or is he glued to an electronic screen? Or maybe she just has to get up early for camp, so you can get to work. Or maybe he’s gotten so used to constant stimulation that he’s complaining he’s bored.
You CAN reclaim summer for your family. In fact, you can make this the best summer ever with your kids. It doesn’t take travel or a lot of money. And you can do it even if you’re working and your kids are in daycamp. All it takes is your time.
That’s right, your time. I know that sounds like the one thing you don’t have enough of. If you’re anything like most parents, you have a long list of things that need to get done and you feel a little (or a lot!) overwhelmed. But it’s summer. Your kids won’t be kids forever. This is the stuff their childhood memories are made of. As George R.R. Martin says, “Summer will end soon enough, and childhood as well.”
In addition to those lovely experiences that define summer, children also need lazy summer afternoons with not much happening. So finding that sweet spot of “just enough” activity without over-scheduling is the goal.
Why not decide now to make the most of this opportunity to connect with your kids? Here are ten simple tips to make this summer your best summer ever with your family.
1. Set aside some time every day to have fun with your child.
2. Find the “sweet spot” for structure.
3. Commit to de-stressing and just enjoying your life this summer.
4. Help your kids develop a healthy relationship with time
5. Encourage your child to try something new this summer.
6. Strictly limit technology to certain times of the day.
7. Institute daily reading time and regular library visits.
8. Be aware that transitions take time.
9. Plan some fantastic family memories, even if you don’t have the money or time to head off on vacation.
10. The last week of the summer, print out all your summer photos and make a Summer Album.
Read the entire article at:
Please Follow us on Twitter @CMartyrsHCDSB to see all of the wonderful “happenings” in our school community!